Re: Terminology Poll Updated

From: Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@blockstream.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:32:28 -0700
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Cc: Verifiable Claims Working Group <public-vc-wg@w3.org>
On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 9:33 AM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
wrote:

> I have updated the terminology playground with the latest options (be
> sure to shift-reload):
>
> https://vcwg-terminology-playground.firebaseapp.com/

I have attempted to shift-reload (I’m in chrome), but I’m getting n’s and
blanks. After filling out all the results with subject, issuer, holder and
verifier, I get:

A *Subject* is referred to by an *Identifier*.

A(n) issues *Claims* about *Subjects* using *Identifiers*.

*Claims* are stored in an online or offline *Repository*.

A(n) may present *Claims* directly to a . For example, providing a digital
driver’s license directly to a .

A(n) may present *Claims* indirectly to a . For example, authorizing a to
retrieve a digital driver’s license on an as-needed basis from *Repository*.

A(n) retrieves *Claims* either directly from the or indirectly from a
*Repository*.

A(n) verifies that the *Claims* represent statements made by the original .

verifies that is either the *Subject* of the *Claim* or is entitled to
represent the *Subject* of the *Claims*.

is typically the *Subject* of *Claims*. In some circumstances, where the is
not the *Subject* of the *Claim*, then the must be able to prove that
he/she is authorized to provide the *Claims*.

— Christopher Allen