RE: Delivery Context Ontology

Hi,

See my comments inline

De: Franck Divet [mailto:franck.divet@gmail.com]
Enviado el: martes, 09 de junio de 2009 14:05
Para: JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA
Asunto: Delivery Context Ontology

Hello Jose,
I am a student at the University of Rennes in France. I am working on a project a multimodal web application.

I read the DCCI recommandation and noticed that it provides only a mecanism and not a list of properties, neither a way to sort properties.
Then i found the document you wrote about  Delivery Context Ontology .

It seems to answer my expectations. But I see nothing about GPS or Location (latitute/longitude). A device could provide geographic location. If so, it would be intersting to retreive the actual latitude and longitude property values.

1) Could it be added ?

Actually it is in the latest Editor's Draft that will be published as Last Call very soon, please check

http://www.w3.org/2007/uwa/editors-drafts/DeliveryContextOntology/LastCallWD-April2009/location.html

2) Or did i totally misundertood the goal of your document (Maybe it's just a list of static properties and doesn't intend to be updated as it's being used) ?

The DCO covers both static and dynamic properties, indeed

3) It seems like other ontologies already exist. I remember seing lists of mobile phones with caracteristics in some kind of format.

You mean UAProf? It is an old guy, that's needs to be updated. The ontology it is a first step

What are the chances that devices vendors will use this list instead ? or is it complementary ?

They can use this list although propietary vocabularies can appear.

You should also have a look to the DDR Simple API

http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-DDR-Simple-API-20081205/

and the DDR Core Vocabulary

http://www.w3.org/TR/ddr-core-vocabulary/

they are complementary specs to the DCO.

In fact vocabularies, are simplified two-dimensional views of the ontology and specific vocabularies may create specific properties as the ontology is inteded only to create the general model. For example, In the MyMobileWeb project we developed a vocabulary based on the ontology that has specific properties needed for adaptation in the mobile Web

https://files.morfeo-project.org/mymobileweb/public/specs/mymw-voc/

Also the W3C DDWG published the DDR Core Vocabulary is compatible with the ontology although it currently does not have links to the ontology, soon it will have as it is our intention to publish a new version

http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-ddr-core-vocabulary-20080414/

In the Bondi initiative we also developed a vocabulary, devoted mainly to dynamic properties

https://files.morfeo-project.org/mymobileweb/public/specs/bondi-voc/

I hope this helps. Don't hesitate to ask other questions if you need to.

By the way, you can do it by sending your e-mail to the public-uwa@w3.org<mailto:public-uwa@w3.org> mailing which it is the public mailing of the W3C in charge of developing DCCI and the ontology

Best regards

Best Wishes

Franck Divet