updated W3C URI overview

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:32:32 -0400
To: public-uri-cg@w3.org

The page you get when you click on "URI" from the W3C
homepage is...

 Web Naming and Addressing Overview (URIs, URLs, ...)
 http://www.w3.org/Addressing/

It has been slowly rotting for a number of years; I just
pruned most of the "research notebook" pointers and such;
a certain amount of bias remains, of course, but I think
it's much better.

I'd like folks in this CG to review it. Martin, I don't
think I know the best IRI pointers; maybe you could
add them?

Is the pespective reasonable? Any other ideas on what
w3.org visitors would want to see/know about URIs?