From: Chris Needham [chris.needham@bbc.co.uk]
Sent: 23 August 2016 16:02
To: public-tvcontrol@w3.org
Subject: CfC: Publish First Public Working Draft of TV Control API

Hi All,

This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to publish a First Public Working Draft (FPWD) [1] of the TV Control API specification.

Please review the latest Editor's Draft [2]. As previously discussed, the only issue that needed to be resolved before we could proceed to FPWD was the addition of text to the Abstract and Introduction sections, which has now been completed.

This CfC ends on 6 September 2016, however please let me know if you need more time for review. Silence will be considered an agreement to publish.

Please note that a FPWD is what the name suggests: a first draft. As such, we expect the specification to change as work in our WG continues. By publishing a FPWD the specification will get wider review and visibility. Publication as a FPWD also triggers a Call for Exclusions, per section 4 of the W3C Patent Policy [3].

Thanks,

Chris (WG Chair)

[1] https://www.w3.org/2015/Process-20150901/#first-wd
[2] https://w3c.github.io/tvcontrol-api/