From: Chris Needham [mailto:chris.needham@bbc.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2016 7:28 PM
To: public-tvapi@w3.org; public-tvcontrol@w3.org
Subject: Working Group draft specification

Hi everyone,

One of the discussion topics on the Tuesday's conference call was the relationship between the TV Control API Community Group and the TV Control Working Group, and in particular the specification produced by the CG.

The WG plans to progress the TV Control API on the W3C Recommendation Track, and the charter [2] says that the initial version of the document will be copied from the CG's Final Report [1].

The specification is in GitHub at [3], so I would like to ask the CG participants if the WG should continue development of the specification in the existing repository, or if it should start a new repository? The new repository could be a fork of the existing one.

I also mentioned the possibility of using the GitHub issue tracker to keep track of issues and changes to the specification. My own view is that GitHub will help by keeping the discussion about each specific topic together. On the call, some people said they would prefer just to use one tracking system. The CG currently uses W3C's issue tracker [4]. A similar question arises: should the WG use the same issue tracker as the CG, or should we use separate ones?

I expect the answers to these questions may depend on the nature of the work the CG plans to do: whether all current activities transition into the WG, or whether the CG will continue to work separately on specific topics, such as overlap with the Automotive BG/WG.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts,

Chris (WG Chair)

[1] https://www.w3.org/2015/tvapi/Overview.html
[2] https://www.w3.org/2016/03/tvcontrol.html
[3] https://github.com/w3c/tvapi