Re: Privacy and security

Hi Igarashi-san,

On 14/12/2015 03:32, Igarashi, Tatsuya wrote:
> Hi,Folks,
>
> I considered the "Privacy and Security" issue.
>
> I suggest to meet the usual requirements of the Web runtime, in particular, as the Encrypted Media Extensions (EME) [1]. That is, only a secure-origin web page is allowed to control tuners by specifying a license key to control the tuner of services.
>
> I propose to include the following description in the charter.
>
> The API layer will meet the usual requirements of the Web runtime,including privacy and security requirements. Specifically, the user must always be in control of privacy-sensitive information that may be conveyed through the APIs, such as the rendering of tuner output, channel configurations.

Great! This text looks good to me. I included this text in the latest version of the draft charter so that you and others can review it in situ:
http://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/tvcontrol-2015.html

>Also, User Agents are responsible for providing users with a secure way to browse the web,including any functionality of TV services.

I did not include that last sentence because it sounds very generic. Is there a specific point that you would like to raise here that is not already covered by the previous part of the paragraph? It can certainly be included, it just seems to go without saying that user agents will ensure that the user may safely browse the web.

Thanks,
Francois.