Re: [webvtt] Question about WebVTT CR transition [I18N-ACTION-712]

Hi Addison,

Those two issues have been moved to v2 of WebVTT.

We don't even have uniform implementation of horizontal scrolling at this
stage and need tho lobby for browsers to implement scrolling first. The
user case for horizontal scrolling send much less common.

About overall metadata such as language: right now it's indicated in HTML
when embedding WebVTT. You are able to use meta tags on webvtt to signify
language, but it will be standardised in v2 also.

Hope this helps. Keep on it to help us solve it for the next version.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Silvia.