Re: Call for Consensus to publish WebVTT as a Candidate Recommendation

> On Mar 30, 2018, at 14:27 , Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com> wrote:
>
> Hi David,
>
>> You’re presuming that substantive changes are coming from the CG
>
> As a member of the TTWG, I should not have to go through the commit
> log to determine whether an FSA exists.

Pierre, think for a moment. The question concerns changes proposed from outside the WG, and the same rule applies to all WGs. The chairs are supposed to work with the team to get an IPR commitment. It’s immaterial if the proposer is a member of the CG or not.

> As I understand it, an FSA was obtained from all WebVTT contributors
> so far. Is this correct?

Yes, an FSA was obtained before we made the first WD in the WG.

>> That gets reviewed by both groups.
>
> In fact, everyone is encouraged to review W3C recommendations and
> provide feedback. The TTWG however manages the WebVTT REC once
> published. The CG does not.
>
>> That we keep mutually informed, and I try to keep in sync. That’s what this documents.
>
> Going forward, I would expect folks that wish to contribute to WebVTT
> to join the TTWG.

Because it’s such a joyful experience?

If people want changes to the Rec. track document, I would expect us to handle it as we would any other proposal for change coming from inside the WG, from a liaison, from another member of the consortium, or anywhere else.  Do you refuse to consider proposals and points made by people outside the TTWG for your documents?