Re: {minutes} TTWG Meeting 2018-03-29

Congratulations on the resolution for webvtt to move to CR! I'll help where
I can.

About the question of interest: many video player publishers had to write
their own webvtt interpreters & renderers because the browsers don't
provide sufficient support (specifically Microsoft's browsers - the others
support the minimal feature set). At FOMS we consistently hear the request
by the player vendors and content publishers who don't want to have to
write and maintain their own captioning library but the state of
implementation in browsers is a problem. It's a chicken and egg thing and
it's my hope that a push for CR/REC will change that.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Silvia.