Re: edited TTWG draft charter, VTT?

> All the effort has been done by others outside the group.

This is a key point. If people doing work on the spec do not see a value
in joining the TTWG to progress the spec to Rec, then it won't happen,
simply put. Membership of TTWG is open to any W3C member, but there has
been very little input and few have joined who have an interest in WebVTT.
I'm sad to see this state of affairs, W3C has offered the opportunity, and
the community has not taken it, and now we are faced with having to drop
something that was Chartered in good faith. I don't think anyone would
take pleasure in this, but it might be the only option left at this point.

A post-mortem of the reasons why there was so little membership interested
in pushing WebVTT forward would probably be worthwhile; doing it in the
thick of sorting out the Charter is not ideal.

Kind regards,

Nigel