RE: ERICSSON has nominated Matt Simpson to Timed Text Working Group

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm Matt Simpson, and I'm the Head of Portfolio for Access Services at Red
Bee Media, a part of Ericsson - and I've been working in that part of
broadcasting / media world for the last 9 or so years. Prior to that I've
worked in real-time computer graphics, representing weather / sports /
election data on screen.

We are a large provider of real-time and pre-recorded captioning, audio
(video) description and sign language translation services. In my role I
look after, along with my colleague Tom Wootton in our Product team, what
kinds of services and solutions we provide to our customers, and I have been
engaged with various standards definition processes over the last 8 or so
years - in particular the EBU working part that's defined EBU-TT (along with
Nigel).

I'm looking to see what input I can provide to the Working Group with
relation to real-time captioning - as I think outside the worlds of EIA-608
and World Standard Teletext on linear platforms real-time captioning is
struggling to make coherent and straightforward transition to the online
video world.

Thanks

Matt