Re: timeline of IMSC 1.1,TTML1 3rd Edition, TTML2

Thanks for that Thierry,

Kind regards,

Nigel

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org<mailto:tmichel@w3.org>>
Date: Friday, 3 August 2018 at 08:46
To: "public-tt@w3.org<mailto:public-tt@w3.org>" <public-tt@w3.org<mailto:public-tt@w3.org>>
Cc: W3C Public TTWG <public-tt@w3.org<mailto:public-tt@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: timeline of IMSC 1.1,TTML1 3rd Edition, TTML2

Hi,

the specs Timeline now published at

https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/specs-timeline.html

and linked from the following  wiki page

https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications

Thierry

On 02/08/2018 10:30, Thierry MICHEL wrote:

Glenn,

We have introduces a decision policy in our charter

https://www.w3.org/2018/05/timed-text-charter.html

"to afford asynchronous decisions and organizational deliberation, any resolution (including publication decisions) taken in a face-to-face meeting or teleconference will be considered provisional. A call for consensus (CfC) will be issued for all resolutions (for example, via email and/or web-based survey), with a response period of 10 working days. If no objections are raised on the mailing list by the end of the response period, the resolution will be considered to have consensus as a resolution of the Working Group".

I don't see that it only adresses substantive changes.

We may overrule this, if the WG is OK.

And we could have a WG resolution to move to PR during the CR Review Period (guessing we won't have any comments to deal with).

For example for TTML2;  CR publication is 14/08/2018, end of review is 11/09/2018 and PR transition request is targuetted on18/09/2018.

We could have WG resolution for PR publication on 04/09/2018, (leaving 14 days before the PR transition request).

But that would be before the end of review, a resolution that could be based on a document which could change, if edits are made after .

Maybe a discussion during the call today would be best.

Thierry