Re: closed: Call for Consensus to publish WebVTT as a Candidate Recommendation

Hi All

we issued the call for consensus on March 30th

(twice, due to an HTML formatting issue)
<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2018Mar/0163.html>
<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2018Mar/0166.html>

There was lively discussion of a number of topics — getting IPR grants for contributions from non-WG members, which process document to link to, the document license, and so on — but no-one objected. The required 10 days have passed and therefore the call passes.

I think that therefore we need to ask the team to consider the CR transition.

> On Mar 30, 2018, at 9:16 , David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:
>
> [sending again as plain text in case the HTML format was hiding a spurious link]
>
> All,
>
> following this week's call giving conceptual approval pending the preparation of the CR document, and the preparation by Thierry and Silvia of the CR draft at <https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/silviapfeiffer/webvtt-spec/blob/f8da4f27205ed2c11b7dedbf46d91b363eaafe9b/archives/2018-04-15/Overview.html> is now ready for us to request transition to Candidate Recommendation: I think that the obvious typo in “Diff from previous” has been or will imminently be fixed. This email is a call for consensus to make the transition based on this version of the document; barring any objections within the WG's Decision Policy period of 10 working days as defined in the Charter, I will ask for this transition request to be made.
>
> (Thierry/Silvia, if there is a better link, let us know)
>
> For transition request purposes, assuming no objections, I will record this as a resolution in the minutes of the next call.
>
> Please review the document and if possible confirm that you agree with this resolution; silence will be taken as acceptance, but an explicit approval would be much appreciated.
>
> If you spot any problems please raise issues as normal on the GitHub repository. We can make minor editorial fixes such as typo fixes any time.
>
> Thanks to everyone who contributed to the push to get to this state over the last few months: this represents a lot of hard work.
>

> kind regards,
>
> David

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.