Re: Call for Consensus to publish WebVTT as a Candidate Recommendation

I agree, this is a non-issue, and I think there is no problem with
Pierre's pull request.

One more data point to back up the point that this is a non-problem: I've
been a member of the CG for years, and in practice there has been
vanishingly little actual discussion on the CG's reflector. There may be a
community of people communicating about WebVTT, but they haven't done it
actively in the CG as far as I can see for a long time. Since the GitHub
repo for the spec is owned by the WG now, and some non-WG-members _have_
raised issues directly on the repo, I think we're in a good state to
receive input from CG members and anyone else without having to make
potentially misleading statements in the CR about "where the work happens".