FW: Pubrules adjusted for latest Patent Policy

Editors, please take note. I think only the TTML spec doesn't use Respec or Bikeshed, so probably only Glenn needs to take action on this.

From: Philippe Le Hégaret [plh@w3.org]
Sent: 18 October 2017 13:04
To: spec-prod
Cc: Chairs
Subject: Pubrules adjusted for latest Patent Policy

Dear All,

we did an editorial update of our Patent Policy in August, incorporating
correction of errata:
   https://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20170801/

This impacts the patent policy statements included in W3C technical reports.

The new wording to include in the reports is as follows:
[[
This document was produced by a group operating under the <a
href="https://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy/"><abbr title="World
Wide Web Consortium">W3C</abbr> Patent Policy</a>. <abbr title="World
Wide Web Consortium">W3C</abbr> maintains a <a
href="https://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/40318/status"
rel="disclosure">public list of
any patent disclosures</a> made in connection with the deliverables of
the group; that page also includes instructions for disclosing a patent.
An individual who has actual knowledge of a patent which the individual
believes contains <a
href="https://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy/#def-essential">Essential
Claim(s)</a> must disclose the information in accordance with <a
href="https://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy/#sec-Disclosure">section
6 of the <abbr title="World Wide Web Consortium">W3C</abbr> Patent
Policy</a>.
]]
https://github.com/w3c/specberus/issues/696

As usual, if you use respec or bikeshed, those tools should take care of
the change for you.

Until the end of November, our publication rules will accept the old and
the new wording. We will make the new wording mandatory starting on
December 1.

Thank you,

Philippe

http://www.bbc.co.uk