Re: {minutes} TTWG Meeting 2017-10-05

Hi Glenn,

> As currently expressed in TTML2, this is at the option of the implementer

Yes, there will be variations across implementations.

However do you agree that it would be undesirable if, given a document
that contains only TTML1 syntax, a processor was compelled by the
TTML2 specification to process differently than it would have been
compelled by the TTML1 specification. For instance, wouldn't it be
undesirable if "associate region" algorithm (which is normative in
both TTML1 and TTML2) would compel an implementation to end-up with a
different associated region given the aforementioned document?

In order words, can't we set the objective to achieving equivalence on
those features that TTML1 and TTML2 have in common, given a document
that contains only TTML1 syntax.

Best,

-- Pierre