Re: TTML2 wide review comment: styling

A real example of a TTML2 requirement that does not appear to map into CSS
is tts:fontShear <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/CSSRequirements#fontShear>.
Italics don't exist in Japanese. However, JA subtitles uses font shearing
to simulate italics; indicating, for example, that the speaker is
offscreen.  We consider oblique text to be an essential JA subtitle feature
that we see in the [Videotron] Lambda CAP JA subtitle assets that we
ingest,

>From the translated LambdaCAP spec:

[image: Inline image 2]

David