Re: IMSCvNEXT + CSS styling was: TTML2 wide review comment: styling

The industry currently lacks a global subtitle standard.  IMSC1 is close
but does not support essential Japanese features.  TTML2 includes these
features, and IMSCvNext represents the minimal subset of TTML2 necessary to
achieve a global standard.  This is a project that has been in the works
for many years (Netflix has been engaged since 2014), and now have TTML2 in
WR.  We have an open-source rendering implementation
<https://github.com/skynav/ttt> for the entire feature set of TTML2 and
Netflix has built an internal workflow that covers > 50% of an
implementation.  These projects will also cover the entire feature set for
IMSCvNext.  The TTML2 work represents a significant investment of time and
money by many TTWG participants.

While Netflix is fully supportive of a CSS-based subtitle model, this this
must be TTMLvNext, or some other model.  The TTML2 train has left the
station.

Regards,
David