Re: Objections to TPAC resolutions on IMSC1.1

> On Nov 28, 2017, at 10:44 , Andreas Tai <tai@irt.de> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> It seems obvious to me that we currently do not have any consensus on the discussed issue. I certainly do not agree to take established attributes, copy them to TTML and give them another namespace (e.g. the TTML Styling namespace). I have strong concerns about this procedure (which is one of the core aspects of the Netflix proposals). I commented this in the f2f meeting, in discussions and also in a wide review comment to TTML2.

I think there is at least a courtesy problem, if not a formal one, if the “other namespace” and its defining document are not W3C ones, which appears to be the case here (I assume ebutts: is EBU Timed Text). Have we not already had this issue with SMPTE extensions?

David Singer

singer@mac.com