Re: Objections to TPAC resolutions on IMSC1.1

> On Nov 27, 2017, at 10:45 , Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
>
> Given that such an addition to CSS would require years to obtain in a REC, it is entirely impractical to use this rationale with TTML2 (and probably TTML3).

I read this, perhaps wrongly (and if so, please correct me) that the timed text group can, and should, invent styling mechanisms that are different from, or absent from, CSS, because they can move faster.  If this is what you mean, I disagree in almost every respect, and in particular, if something is needed for styling text in general, it belongs in CSS.  *Only* if the styling is caption-specific and irrelevant in all other contexts, should the captioning language invent new styling.

David Singer

singer@mac.com