Re: Protected Policy on Repository Merging Process

Just to be clear where I stand, I have no objection to this new policy for
substantive issues; however, I do have problems with its application to
editorial issues and other types of upkeep and maintenance pushes. One
particular aspect of TTML{1,2} editorial process that doesn't hold for the
other repositories is the use of a two stage commit process, whereby we
push primary changes to ttml2.xml and then use a separate process to build
and push an updated ttml2.html. In general, this has been done via multiple
commits into gh-pages (and master before that). Indeed, an approximately
50% of the commits are to regenerate the html file. The proposed new
process will require that every push go through a PR and review. For TTML
repos, this means that we may see many PRs that do nothing other than
regenerate the ED. IMO, this adds a considerable burden to the editing
process that those who don't work with this process fail to appreciate.