W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > December 2017

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 2017-12-07

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 16:41:15 +0000
To: TTWG <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D64D9533.4FE6E%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 120m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Check https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20171207T10&p1=43

Thursdays 10:03am-12:00pm Boston local

Joining details:

see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2016Oct/0009.html
(members-only link  if you can't see this and wish to join please contact me)

Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chairs: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: usually Nigel  open to offers!

Regrets: Andreas, Thierry

Activity since last meeting:
See individual agenda items for recent activity on specific products

Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/
We are still using tracker for actions unrelated to issues.
Please do not add or modify issues in tracker!

IMSC: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pulse
TTML1: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pulse
TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pulse
TTML Profile Registry: https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pulse
TTML-WebVTT mapping: https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/pulse
WebVTT: https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pulse

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics  I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
1. Next Face to Face meeting
2. IMSC 1.1, TTML2, features, namespaces etc
3. TTML2 processor behaviour vs TTML1
4. TTML2 Wide & Horizontal Review
5. IMSC including vNext requirements Note publication proposal
6. TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc
7. WebVTT feedback (David Singer to Chair if present)
8. HDR in PNG (placeholder)
9. AOB  please notify of any other AOB now!


Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

December meetings:

Thursday 14th December: TTWG meeting ? Hour(s)
Thursday 21st December: No meeting?
Thursday 28th December: No meeting?

IMSC 2 and TTML2 publication events: see the timeline of upcoming work at https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work

Further ahead:

Thursday 4th January: TTWG meeting ? Hour(s)
Week commencing 8th January: F2F meeting ?
Thursday 18th January: TTWG meeting ? Hour(s)
Thursday 25th January: TTWG meeting ? Hour(s)

Agenda+ Next Face to Face meeting

Results of WBS survey: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34314/early2018ttwgf2fplanning/results

Can we confirm tentative 8-10 January 2018 dates and hosting?

Agenda+ IMSC 1.1, TTML2, features, namespaces etc

Continuing extensive discussion on the email reflector concerning Netflix's objection to the proposals agreed at TPAC, to look for solutions that are acceptable to all, by understanding members' concerns better.

Netflix objection: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2017Nov/0107.html

Note also Cyril's work to analyse the actual practical differences  is this complete? If it is, can we address the specifics to understand the alignment/mis-alignment? Are there any resulting actions?

<https://docs..google.com/document/d/1Ri7RBBsbIK9SRxA1KsHRejXbYBuL4CRRrbmEZRbwZpg/edit?usp=sharing>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ri7RBBsbIK9SRxA1KsHRejXbYBuL4CRRrbmEZRbwZpg/edit?usp=sharing

Agenda+ TTML2 processor behaviour vs TTML1

Actions
ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-510<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/510>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/510/edit>     pending review  study TTT codebase and report on use of ttp:version to select processor behavior<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/510>  Glenn Adams     2017-11-23      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>



Agenda+ TTML2 Wide and Horizontal Review

Actions
ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-508<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/508>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/508/edit>     open    Check if there are editorial/substantive labels for ttml2 issues and add if not.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/508>  Thierry Michel  2017-10-12      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>

Can the above action be closed?

Are there still open Internationalisation review issues?

Agenda+ CSS actions review

Are CSS issues filed for all style attributes for which we believe CSS work is needed?

See also https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2017Nov/0109.html

CSS WG review

Minutes from TTWG and CSS WG joint meeting at TPAC: https://www.w3.org/2017/11/09-tt-minutes.html#item35
Minutes from CSS WG Paris F2F that Nigel attended remotely on Friday 4th August: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2017Sep/0000.html
This is at https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/CSSRequirements

TAG design review issue: https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/138

CSS Review of TTML2, threads: FW: TTML2 horizontal review with CSS<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0013.html> and Fwd: Subtitle/caption styling + TTML + CSS<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0019.html>

CSS 2.2 request for reviews from TTWG et al: Pre-announcement of CR for CSS 2.2 & request for reviews<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0017.html> When can we schedule a review and gather feedback?


Agenda+ IMSC (now incorporates Unicode ticket)

Actions
ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-509<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/509>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/509/edit>     open    Propose liaison text for the imsc 1.1 fpwd<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/509>        Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2017-10-12      TTML IMSC 2.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/10>


Links

IMSC Tests released as v1.0.0 at https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/releases/tag/v1.0.0 .

IMSC 1.0.1
IMSC 1.0.1 CR published at https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/CR-ttml-imsc1.0.1-20170713/
IMSC 1.0.1 Implementation report at https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_0_1_Implementation_Report
IMSC 1 Rec available at https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/REC-ttml-imsc1-20160421/
Patent policy call for exclusions sent 2017-02-03, archived at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2017Feb/0006.html

Editor's draft is directly viewable at http://w3c.github.io/imsc/imsc1/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html
IMSC Implementation Page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_implementation_page.
IMSC Tests repository: https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests

vNext Requirements
IMSCvNext Requirements editor's draft: https://w3c.github.io/imsc-vnext-reqs/
IMSCvNext Requirements repository: https://github.com/w3c/imsc-vnext-reqs

IMSC 1.1 FPWD: https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/WD-ttml-imsc1.1-20171017/

PROPOSAL: Publish IMSC v1.1 Requirements as a WG Note

Glenn provided some feedback, to discuss.

Recent Activity

Unicode CLDR discussion
Unicode ticket is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915
Pierre's response to the recent update is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915#comment:9
Email response from Shervin at Unicode https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0018.html

Merged IMSC pull requests: None
Open IMSC pull requests:
Clarify that tts:fillLineGap does not hide characters<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/283>
New or discussed IMSC issues:
Should ittm:altText be deprecated?<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/274>
Closed IMSC issues: None

Merged IMSC Tests pull requests: None
Open IMSC Tests pull requests:
Adds test for linePadding w varying fontSize<https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests/pull/39>
New or discussed IMSC Tests issues: None
Closed IMSC Tests issues: None

Merged IMSCvNext Requirements pull requests: None
Open IMSCvNext Requirements pull requests:
List features that are excluded from deprecation requirements<https://github.com/w3c/imsc-vnext-reqs/pull/12>
New or discussed IMSCvNext Requirements issues: None
Closed IMSCvNext Requirements issues: None

Agenda sub-topics (pull requests and issues)

Clarify that tts:fillLineGap does not hide characters<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/283>
https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/259  (Deprecation of smpte:backgroundImage in favor of tt:image)
https://github.com/w3c/imsc-vnext-reqs/issues/13  (is tts:textShadow required?)

IMSC issues labelled for the agenda: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/labels/agenda
IMSC issues blocked: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/labels/blocked
IMSC Requirements issues labelled for the agenda: https://github.com/w3c/imsc-vnext-reqs/labels/agenda
IMSC Requirements issues blocked: https://github.com/w3c/imsc-vnext-reqs/labels/blocked


Agenda+ TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc

Actions:
ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-443<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443/edit>     open    Prepare a document showing mapping arib ruby extension features to ttml2 for use as a liaison document to arib.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>   Glenn Adams     2016-08-26      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-462<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462/edit>     open    Create issue on ttml2 to add "mapping from other versions and profiles of ttml"<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>   Glenn Adams     2016-04-28      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>


Links

Most recent WD published at https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/WD-ttml2-20170630/

Recent Activity

Merged TTML1 Pull Requests:
Add travis build status icon<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/269>
Merged TTML2 Pull Requests: None
Open TTML1 Pull Requests:
Clarified application of tts:visibility to child elements<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/270>
Travis CO deployment<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/272>
Fixed EOLs to LF under /spec<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/274>
<set> elements no longer pruned by ISD<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/276>
Clarified cell metrics semantics for tts:textOutline<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/268>
Clarified tts:textDecoration inheritance<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/267>
Clarify semantics in absence of begin attribute<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/264>
Replaced ttp:frameRateMultipler with ttp:frameRateMultiplier<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/263>
Clarify that the computed value of tts:lineHeight='normal' is 'normal'<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/260>
Clarify zIndex stacking context<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/259>
Clarified TAB character presentation semantics<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/258>
Tweak examples of Section O<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/257>
Clarify #backgroundColor re: block, inline and region semantics<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/256>
Open TTML2 Pull Requests:
Issue 0406 style semantics <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/470>
Fix gamma to 2.0<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/497>
Coalesce references to URI syntax into a new <uri> value expression (<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/488>
Add clipBegin and clipEnd parameter attributes<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/486>
New TTML1 Issues:
Push to gh-pages with an ssh key<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/271>
Some repo files have CRLF EOLs<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/273>
Chained Referential Styling spec vs example mismatch<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/275>
New TTML2 Issues: None
Closed TTML1 Issues: None
Closed TTML2 Issues: None
Discussed TTML1 Issues:
Clarify the semantics of tts:fontSize="2em".<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/214>
Clarify that the computed value of tts:lineHeight='normal' is 'normal'<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/260>
Clarified TAB character presentation semantics<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/258>
Discussed TTML2 Issues:
rubyPosition="auto" should mean "outside"?<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/481>
Is ttp:version="2" required if ttp:contentProfiles is present? <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/435>
Incorporate resolutions of additional TTML1 Issues.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/358>
Add parameters to define the temporal extent<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/483>

Agenda sub-topics (pull requests and issues)

Clarify that the computed value of tts:lineHeight='normal' is 'normal'<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/260>
https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/239  (tts:overflow does not apply to the region area)

Then remaining pull requests and issues.

TTML1 issues labelled for the agenda: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/labels/agenda
TTML1 issues blocked: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/labels/blocked
Current open issues: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues and https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues
See spreadsheet of editorial actions at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx
Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/ at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md


Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-396<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396/edit>     open    Produce evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>   David Singer    2015-04-17      WebVTT 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>
ACTION-502<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/502>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/502/edit>     open    Explain to david that we need a more consistent disposition of comments for webvtt.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/502>       Thierry Michel  2017-08-10      WebVTT 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>



Links

WebVTT Wide review wiki page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebVTT_Wide_Review

Activity

Open Pull requests:
Add a "User agents that do not support CSS" conformance class.<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/389>
Add some explanatory text about the different types of VTT files.<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/394>
Region clarification issue376<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/400>
Add a paragraph about the reasons why limiting styles.<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/410>
Add some introductory paragraphs to the Data model section.<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/409>
Merged Pull requests:
Unsigned long issue414<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/417>
Break up section 6 a bit more to make it more readable.<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/398>
Add default color and background color names for applicable classes.<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/395>
New issues:
Data model definition of WebVTT cue <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/416>
Closed issues:
Wide Review Comment 2017: No style property list for ::cue-region<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/374>
The VTTRegion.lines attribute is a long type but cannot accept negative values<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/414>
Break down processing model in 6.1<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/397>
Wide Review Comment 2017: Conformance Classes not complete<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/361>
Recently discussed issues:
Wide Review Comment 2017: position and size reference is video or video viewport?<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/375>
Wide Review Comment 2017: line cue setting direction<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/382>
Wide Review Comment 2017: default font size and line heights<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/371>
Wide Review Comment 2017: Algorithmic specification<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/384>
Wide Review Comment 2017: future styling options mechanism<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/373>
:future pseudo class unclear<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/406>
Wide Review Comment 2017: Timestamp syntax<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/370>
Add some introductory paragraphs to the Data model section.<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/409>
Add a paragraph about the reasons why limiting styles.<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/410>
Unclear definition of time range<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/415>
Region clarification issue376<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/400>
Wide Review Comment 2017: default background colour<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/372>

Agenda+ HDR in PNG [placeholder agenda item]

Links

We published this Note at https://www.w3.org/TR/png-hdr-pq/ (republished 25th July incorporating fix for typo)

Repo for PQ HDR in PNG: https://github.com/w3c/png-hdr-pq
Draft WG Note: https://w3c.github.io/png-hdr-pq/

Activity

Merged pull requests: None
Open pull requests: None
New or discussed issues: None
Closed issues: None


Agenda+ AOB

References

Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
Received on Wednesday, 6 December 2017 16:41:49 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 6 December 2017 16:41:49 UTC