W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > November 2016

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-12-01

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 20:40:12 +0000
To: W3C Public TTWG <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D464E9A0.31794%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Check http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20161201T10&p1=43

Thursdays 10:03am-11:00am (or 12:00pm for 2 hour meetings) Boston local

Joining details:

see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2016Oct/0009.html
(members-only link  if you can't see this and wish to join please contact me)

Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chairs: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: usually Nigel  open to offers!

Regrets: none

Activity since last meeting:
See individual agenda items for recent activity on specific products

Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/
We are still using tracker for actions unrelated to issues.
Please do not add or modify issues in tracker!

IMSC: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pulse
TTML1: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pulse
TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pulse
TTML Profile Registry: https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pulse
TTML-WebVTT mapping: https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/pulse
WebVTT: https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pulse

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics  I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
1. F2F Meeting planning
2. IMSC (now incorporates Unicode ticket)
3. Profiles registry
4. TTML2 issues, actions, PRs etc
5. TTML and WebVTT mapping document
6. Progress on HTMLCue proposal
7. WebVTT comments
8. AOB  please notify of any other AOB now!


Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

December Meetings:

Thursday 8th December: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 15th December: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 22nd December: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 29th December: No meeting

Further ahead:

Thursday 5th January: No meeting
Thursday 12th January and Friday 13th January, F2F Meeting in London, UK. Wiki page: http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/F2F-jan-2017
Thursday 19th January: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 26th January: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour

IMSC 2 and TTML2 publication events: see the timeline of upcoming work at https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work


Agenda+ F2F planning

[placeholder]

Thursday 12th January and Friday 13th January, F2F Meeting in London, UK. Wiki page: http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/F2F-jan-2017
Please register for the F2F by adding your name to the wiki by 23rd December 2016.

Agenda+ IMSC (now incorporates Unicode ticket)

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-478<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/478>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/478/edit>     pending review  Draft a liaison to hbbtv requesting further information and proposing an option e.g. to extend imsc 1 to allow signalling of background height on span, and request timelines etc.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/478>        Nigel Megitt    2016-09-26      TTML IMSC 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/7>
ACTION-485<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/485>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/485/edit>     pending review  Ask richard ishida for assistance in unblocking the unicode ticket 8915.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/485>  Thierry Michel  2016-11-10      TTML IMSC 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/7>

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-487<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/487>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/487/edit>     open    Send generic liaison to atsc, arib, mpeg (via mike), dece, cta, dash-if, dtg, hbbtv, smpte.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/487>       Nigel Megitt    2016-11-24
ACTION-488<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/488>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/488/edit>     open    Send liaison to dvb replacing first sentence from generic response with acknowledgement sentence.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/488> Nigel Megitt    2016-11-24

Unicode ticket is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915
This was updated recently in comment http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915#comment:8

Merged pull requests: none
Open pull requests: none
New issues: none

Editor's draft is directly viewable at https://rawgit.com/w3c/imsc1/master/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html
IMSC Implementation Page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_implementation_page.

Agenda+ Profiles registry.

Working Group Note published at https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-profile-registry/

Reminder: we plan to revisit the profiles registry in mid-November to resolve any outstanding issues

Target for this was moved last week to be this 1st December meeting

Merged pull request: n<https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pull/27>one
Open pull requests: Add section 4 descriptions<https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pull/28>; Update index.html<https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pull/30>
Closed issues: none
New issue: none

https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry
http://w3c.github.io/tt-profile-registry/

https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ProfileRegistry

Agenda+ TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-480<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/480>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/480/edit>     pending review  Request schedule time for horizontal review of ttml2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/480>      Thierry Michel  2016-09-26      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-481<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/481>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/481/edit>     pending review  Provide nigel with a list of new features in ttml2 to begin reviewing<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/481>     Glenn Adams     2016-09-26      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-486<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/486>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/486/edit>     pending review  Shortly after publishing the next ttml wd send the security questionnaire for horizontal review<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/486>   Thierry Michel  2016-11-10      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-443<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443/edit>     open    Prepare a document showing mapping arib ruby extension features to ttml2 for use as a liaison document to arib.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>   Glenn Adams     2016-08-26      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-462<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462/edit>     open    Create issue on ttml2 to add "mapping from other versions and profiles of ttml"<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>   Glenn Adams     2016-04-28      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>


Most recent WD published at https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/WD-ttml2-20161117/

Merged Pull Requests: None
Open Pull Requests: Issue 0193 add examples of ja features<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/202>.; Add tts:textShadow example and modify semantics<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/218>
New TTML1 Issues: Typo in Note in Section 8.3.2.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/222>
New TTML2 Issues: Add security and privacy section.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/224>; Typo in Note in 10.3.7<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/223>
Discussed and Closed TTML1 Issues: none
Discussed and Closed TTML2 Issues: none

Wide review: the TAG has added an agenda item to review TTML2 to their Tokyo meeting<https://github.com/w3ctag/meetings/blob/gh-pages/2016/11-tokyo/agenda.md> on 23rd November.

Current open issues: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues and https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues

See spreadsheet of editorial actions at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx

Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/ at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md

More volunteers welcomed!

TTML Change Proposals  progress and review

Change Proposal Index is at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex

The current priority 2 CPs (needs to be complete before WD for Wide Review) are:

5       OPEN    2       Jerry Smith     TTML2   HTML5 Mapping semantics<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
7       OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   3D extensions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal007>
9       OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  IMSC2   Complexity model<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal009>
11      OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   Metadata vocab<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal011>
15      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.CSS additions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
17      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Defaults<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
19      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Syntax fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
21      OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   Typography.I18n<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal021>
25      OPEN    2       Nigel Megitt    TTML2   Distribution<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>


Agenda+ TTML and WebVTT Mapping Document

Editor's Draft is at http://w3c.github.io/ttml-webvtt-mapping/

Agenda+ HTMLCue proposal progress update.

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-441<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441/edit>     open    Kick off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>      Andreas Tai     2015-11-05


See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Apr/0012.html for further information on this, this week.

Also HTML import and HTMLCue?<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Sep/0003.html> email from 2016-09-06.

[placeholder agenda item]

Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-396<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396/edit>     open    Produce evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>   David Singer    2015-04-17      WebVTT 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>
ACTION-473<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473/edit>     open    Contact co-chairs and essential parties on how to move forward on vtt; need an action plan<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473>        Thierry Michel  2016-06-30      WebVTT 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>

Discussion on WebVTT review feedback and next steps.

WebVTT Wide review wiki page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebVTT_Wide_Review

Open Pull requests: Add a section that explains the CSS extensions to authors.<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/317>; Fix #270: Add classes to specify text colour<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/279>; Add requirements for region identifier to exist.<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/201>.<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/201>
New issues: None
Closed issues: None
Recently discussed issues: incomplete ruby implementation [I18N-ISSUE-431]<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/264>

Agenda+ AOB

References

Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
Received on Wednesday, 30 November 2016 20:40:47 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:33 UTC