W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > November 2016

{minutes} TTWG Meeting 2016-11-17

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 16:15:27 +0000
To: W3C Public TTWG <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D45385C6.30400%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Thanks all for attending today's TTWG meeting. Minutes are available in HTML format at http://www.w3.org/2016/11/17-tt-minutes.html

In text format:


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

17 Nov 2016

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/17-tt-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Nigel, Glenn, Pierre, Andreas, tmichel, Thierry

   Regrets
          Mike

   Chair
          Nigel

   Scribe
          nigel

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]This Meeting
         2. [5]F2F Planning
         3. [6]IMSC
         4. [7]F2F
         5. [8]IMSC
         6. [9]TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial
            actions etc
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: nigel

This Meeting

   nigel: Today we have some outgoing liaison text to finalise,
   which I'd like to timebox.
   ... Profiles Registry is for next week on request of Mike
   ... So then TTML2, and I am not aware of other topics to
   discuss. F2F is on the agenda,
   ... just in case there are any questions or agenda requests.
   ... AOB?

   group: No AOB

F2F Planning

   -> [12]https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/F2F-jan-2017

     [12] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/F2F-jan-2017

IMSC

   nigel: Can we spend max 20 minutes on the liaison text?

   ->
   [13]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2016Nov/0020
   .html

     [13] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2016Nov/0020.html

   group: [discussion of liaison text]

   nigel: Just to draw this to a close, is the generic template
   response ok with everyone?

   glenn: Yes, okay with me, and could be used for DVB also as is.

   nigel: Ok we have consensus on the generic template.

   <scribe> ACTION: nigel Send generic liaison to ATSC, ARIB, MPEG
   (via Mike), DECE, CTA, DASH-IF, DTG, HbbTV, SMPTE. [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/17-tt-minutes.html#action01]

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/17-tt-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-487 - Send generic liaison to atsc,
   arib, mpeg (via mike), dece, cta, dash-if, dtg, hbbtv, smpte.
   [on Nigel Megitt - due 2016-11-24].

   <scribe> ACTION: nigel Send liaison to DVB replacing first
   sentence from generic response with acknowledgement sentence.
   [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/17-tt-minutes.html#action02]

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/17-tt-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-488 - Send liaison to dvb replacing
   first sentence from generic response with acknowledgement
   sentence. [on Nigel Megitt - due 2016-11-24].

F2F

   Pierre: Will there be a telecon facility at the F2F?

   nigel: I can put one in if anyone asks - nobody has so far.

   Pierre: We should have a draft at the face to face meeting so I
   will check if that would help.

IMSC

   close action-484

   <trackbot> Closed action-484.

   nigel: Thank you for doing that drafting Pierre.

   <tmichel> hum ... I lost you guys

   Action-478?

   <trackbot> Action-478 -- Nigel Megitt to Draft a liaison to
   hbbtv requesting further information and proposing an option
   e.g. to extend imsc 1 to allow signalling of background height
   on span, and request timelines etc. -- due 2016-09-26 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [16]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/478

     [16] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/478

   nigel: The agreed liaison text in principle covers this action
   but maybe we should try to
   ... add a paragraph as previously discussed asking about
   background height on span. I will
   ... draft an additional paragraph and send for review.

TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc

   nigel: First thing to note is we have a new WD published with
   today's date on it.

   <tmichel> I am back

   -> [17]https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/WD-ttml2-20161117/

     [17] https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/WD-ttml2-20161117/

   tmichel: There was a bit of confusion about the new pub rules
   checker which is very strict,
   ... and does not let anything through that is not an exact
   match.

   nigel: Thank you Thierry and Glenn for getting that out.

   tmichel: Should I send this to the horizontal reviewers?

   nigel: My view is send this now since there is no restriction
   asking us only to begin horizontal
   ... review at "last call" or equivalent.

   tmichel: OK then I will send the prepared security
   questionnaire and the WD link to the
   ... other groups for horizontal review.

   action-481?

   <trackbot> action-481 -- Glenn Adams to Provide nigel with a
   list of new features in ttml2 to begin reviewing -- due
   2016-09-26 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [18]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/481

     [18] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/481

   nigel: I will kick on with this action to draft a short
   description as a small number of
   ... paragraphs of prose, and send to you Glenn for review.
   Thierry, if you CC me in on your
   ... emails to the horizontal review groups then I can respond
   with this descriptive text.

   tmichel: Sure

   nigel: Thank you
   ... We have two pull requests outstanding - is there any reason
   not to merge those?

   glenn: I didn't have time to review and merge those before
   doing the WD, but will do so soon.

   nigel: OK, thank you.
   ... Should we raise [19]https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/220
   lineHeight "computed" inheritance?

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/220

   glenn: A couple of implementations I reviewed consider the
   value "normal" to be considered
   ... a computed value for inheritance, and then calculate the
   actual line height further down the tree.
   ... That is consistent with the CSS behaviour.
   ... For percentages, they are resolved to an absolute value
   that is inherited. I have not checked
   ... the implementations of these.

   <glenn>
   [20]https://www.w3.org/TR/CSS22/visudet.html#propdef-line-heigh
   t

     [20] https://www.w3.org/TR/CSS22/visudet.html#propdef-line-height

   pal: I think it's really important to note that the computed
   value of normal is "normal".
   ... Also not to change the algorithm in TTML for percentages.
   Whether we change the
   ... recommendation to authors about baseline jumping etc I do
   not have a strong opinion.

   glenn: I agree with you on this Pierre. If we feel it is
   important we can add a note giving
   ... advice to authors. I am not sure I understand the baseline
   jumping business so I need to
   ... review the thread - I think that the baseline jumping issue
   may not be a correct interpretation of the text.

   nigel: I've added a comment to the issue above.

   glenn: Now that we have a new WD will we be sending out
   liaisons requesting review?

   nigel: No, we should wait until we think we're at the "final"
   WD so that the wide review
   ... comments that we receive clearly apply to that version of
   the document.

   glenn: We did say in Lisbon that we would issue a WD for wide
   review in early November.

   nigel: Yes, and that was on the basis that it would be a "last
   call" style WD however since
   ... we are not ready for that but we want to initiate
   horizontal review we agreed last week
   ... to publish an interim WD.

   glenn: I would like to spend some time next week discussing how
   we proceed to a WD for
   ... wide review.

   nigel: Okay, good idea.
   ... We're out of time for today, thanks everyone [adjourns
   meeting]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: nigel Send generic liaison to ATSC, ARIB, MPEG
   (via Mike), DECE, CTA, DASH-IF, DTG, HbbTV, SMPTE. [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/17-tt-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: nigel Send liaison to DVB replacing first
   sentence from generic response with acknowledgement sentence.
   [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/17-tt-minutes.html#action02]

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/17-tt-minutes.html#action01
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/17-tt-minutes.html#action02

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [23]scribe.perl version
    1.148 ([24]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/11/17 16:15:02 $

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 17 November 2016 16:15:56 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:33 UTC