Re: <initial> vs inherited

Frankly, I don't think there is any issue to discuss. However, see comment
below.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com>
wrote:

> Hi Dae,
>
> Apologies for not following-up on that thread. My mind has been
> focused on IMSC1 lately. I have the following question based on the
> thread.
>
> > regions in TTML{1,2} can freely make use of the @style attribute to
> referenced defined styles including chained styles
>
> Ok, so what does this not achieve that <initial> achieve in practice?

Primarily, initial will be used to change the default initial value of a
non-inheritable property, which includes:

   - tts:backgroundColor
   - tts:backgroundImage
   - tts:backgroundPosition
   - tts:backgroundRepeat
   - tts:border
   - tts:bpd
   - tts:display
   - tts:displayAlign
   - tts:extent
   - tts:ipd
   - tts:opacity
   - tts:origin
   - tts:overflow
   - tts:padding
   - tts:position
   - tts:ruby
   - tts:showBackground
   - tts:unicodeBidi
   - tts:writingMode
   - tts:zIndex

I can think of a use case for wanting to override the default initial value
for most, but not all of these properties.

Secondarily, initial will be used to change the default initial value for
(the remaining) inheritable properties, e.g., tts:color, tts:fontSize,
tts:lineHeight, etc.