Re: Proposed Language for #111 - Revision 5

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Andreas Tai <tai@irt.de> wrote:

> The proposal is a good way forward. I see two issues that have been raised
> in the last TTWG call by Mike Dolan and Piere Lemieux that still needs to
> be addressed.
>
> a) The processor that supports both IMSC profiles is still called
> "Multiple-Profile IMSC Processor". I think it may be better called
> "Combined IMSC Text and Image Profile Processor" or something similar.

The current term is already rather wordy, and this would make it more wordy
without altering its meaning. So I prefer leaving it as it stands.

> b) The section "normal processing" still mentions abortion of the
> processing  as first option and may be reworded as follows:
>
> "If a Document instance is considered compatible with a Combined IMSC Text
> and Image Profile Processor Processor, but is determined to be
> incompatible, then this processor may restart processing with the Image
> Profile as the default profile."

In the call, I asked if we could add this to the subsequent note on this
subject, which you can see below was modified to say this:

Note: If a Document Instance is considered compatible with a Processor, but
is determined to be incompatible, then normal processing may be aborted. As
an alternative, a Processor is permitted to restart processing with the
Image Profile as the default profile in case an incompatibility is detected
and the [profile defaulting] procedure was previously used to select the
Text Profile.