Re: {minutes} TTWG Meeting 2016-02-11

On 02/12/2016 09:31 AM, Andreas Tai wrote:
> Dear Philippe, all,
>
> I propose to extend the current charter for three month to make the
> possible revisions in the meantime. The integration of the Timed Text
> Working Group work in HTML5 is of key interest for a lot of our members
> and this interest is not reflected yet enough in the charter. Further
> actions are needed to align and collaborate with other  W3C working
> groups (especially the HTML working group). This includes (but may not
> be limited) to a better integration of TTML or other caption formats
> with the HTML text tracks. As some of the members already expressed
> their interest but it needs more time to come to reasonable formulation
> of needed actions/goals in the charter an extension is therefore justified.

I still don't understand why it would take 3 months to come up with
wording for the charter. We have basically 1.5 months before the current
charter expires. That ought to be enough to figure out what needs to
change in the charter imho. If it cannot be done within 1.5 months, then
I'm wondering if it isn't too early anyway to be listed as a deliverable
of a standard group.

Regarding the HTML5 integration, the mapping is already listed in the
charter. What else did you have in mind?

Philippe