Re: liaison for a Unicode ticket

Hello,

CLDR ticket #8915 <http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915> was discussed
in last technical committee meeting. We think that this use-case falls
within the scope of CLDR project, but to effectively add this data to
benefit implementers and users, there are few issues which need to be
addressed. Most of these questions are reflected in the comment that Mark
provided on the ticket (direct link
<http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915#comment:8>). To summarize, the
following items should be addressed and discussed:

– Clarification on the intended usage of this data with regards to section
7.2 and Appendix B of TTML-IMSC1; e.g. inclusion/exclusion rationale,
rationale for selection of "base" set;
– Comparison between sets in proposed draft data
<https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/bc0f3b1a9104/ttml-ww-profiles/cldr-supplemental-data/cldr-sub-cap-supplemental-data.xml>
and
existing CLDR exemplar types (main, aux, punctuation) in various locales;
– Plans for providing data for other locales.

Best regards,
Shervin