W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > August 2016

Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-08-11

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 15:56:05 +0200
To: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>, Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <911ad666-30b2-5556-1226-6a0bd9e16379@w3.org>
I guess the call is cancelled ?

Le 11/08/2016 à 14:54, Nigel Megitt a écrit :
> Regrets from me today due to illness.
>
> On 9 Aug 2016, at 17:54, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk
> <mailto:nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>> *This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt
>> start at 10:03am Boston time. *
>>
>> *More talk about time, perhaps…*
>>
>> Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the
>> correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.
>>
>> Please
>> check http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160811T10&p1=43
>>
>> Thursdays 10:03am-11:00am (or 12:00pm for 2 hour meetings) Boston local
>>
>> *IRC details: *
>>
>> server: irc.w3.org <http://irc.w3.org>, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web
>> gateway to: http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
>>
>> *Webex details:*
>>
>> *Webex meeting details have been moved to a separate member-only
>> email – see below.*
>> *Non-member Invited Experts: please contact me directly for joining
>> details if you do not already have them.*
>>
>> _To join the online meeting_
>> 1. Go to the link that members can find
>> at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2015Oct/0012.html
>> 2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
>> 3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password (from above
>> linked email)
>> 4. Click "Join".
>>
>> _To join the audio conference only_
>> To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join
>> the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
>> US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000
>> Access code:
>> see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2015Oct/0012.html
>> Mobile Auto Dial: +1-617-324-0000,,,[number from email above]#
>>
>> _Present list_
>> In order to list people attending the call in the minutes,
>> each participant should type present+ <name> in the irc channel
>> immediately
>> upon joining the call. This will be picked up by RRSAgent and included
>> in the minutes. The agent quirkily doesn't accept spaces in names, so
>> either use a single word nickname or separate the words in your name
>> with an underscore.
>>
>> _For assistance_
>> 1. Go to https://mit.webex.com/mit/mc
>> 2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".
>>
>> _For best practices with webex_
>> https://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/WebExBestPractices
>>
>>
>> *Agenda+ Assign Roles*
>>
>> *Chair: *Nigel Megitt
>>
>> *Scribe:* usually Nigel – open to offers!
>>
>> *Regrets: *Andreas
>>
>> *Activity since last meeting:** *
>> Actions: ACTION-473
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473>; ACTION-475
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/475>
>>
>> IMSC:
>>
>>     Merged PRs: none.
>>
>>     Closed Issues: none.
>>     New and Discussed Issues: none.
>>
>>
>>             Open PRs: Add IMSC roadmap document
>>             <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/176>.
>>
>>
>>         TTML1 & 2 :
>>
>>     Merged PRs: none; (and no commits)
>>     Open PRs:
>>
>>
>>             Disallow duplicate absolutized designators in
>>             ttp:{content,processor}…
>>             <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/167>; Issue 0171 br in
>>             timecontainer list <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/172>.
>>
>>     New and discussed issues:
>>     none; (also see
>>     https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/wiki/Time and https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/wiki/Nigel's-TTML-and-SMIL-walkthrough where
>>     time issues and not-officially-issues have been collated)
>>
>>
>>
>>         Timed Text Profile Registry:
>>
>>     Merged PRs:  none
>>     Open PRs: none.
>>     New and discussed issues: none.
>>
>>
>>         TTML/WebVTT mapping:
>>
>>     Merged PRs: none;
>>
>>     Open PRs: none;
>>
>>     New and discussed issues: none.
>>
>>
>>         WebVTT:
>>
>>     0 PR merged; 2 PRs open; 0 issues created, 0 issue closed:
>>     discussion via github
>>
>>
>>         Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/
>>
>>     *We are still using tracker for /actions/ unrelated to issues.*
>>     *Please do not add or modify /issues/ in tracker!*
>>
>>
>>     IMSC: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pulse
>>     TTML1: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pulse
>>     TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pulse
>>     TTML Profile
>>     Registry: https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pulse
>>     TTML-WebVTT mapping: https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/pulse
>>
>>     WebVTT:* *https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pulse
>>
>> *Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead*
>> *
>> *
>> Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
>> 1. TPAC 2016
>> 2. TTML2 issues, actions, PRs etc
>> 3. Profile registry
>> 4. IMSC
>> 5. TTML and WebVTT mapping document
>> 6. Progress on HTMLCue proposal
>> 7. Unicode liaison
>> 8. WebVTT comments
>> 9. AOB – please notify of any other AOB now!
>>
>>
>>
>> Reminder re future milestones and meetings:
>>
>> _August Meetings:_
>> Thursday 18th August: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>> Thursday 25th August: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour (NM on vacation)
>>
>> Further ahead:
>>
>> _IMSC 2 and TTML2 publication events:_ see the timeline of upcoming
>> work
>> at _https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work _
>>
>> _September Meetings:_
>> Thursday 1st September: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>> Thursday 8th September: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>> Thursday 15th September: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>> Monday 19th September: TTWG face to face meeting at TPAC
>> Tuesday 20th September: TTWG face to face meeting at TPAC
>> Thursday 29th September: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>>
>> *Agenda+ TPAC 2016*
>>
>> ID 	State 	Title 	Person 	Due Date 	Associated with
>> ACTION-475
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/475>(edit)
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/475/edit> 	open
>> Contact the chair of the web & tv ig to ask about schedule and joint
>> meeting time. <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/475>
>> Nigel Megitt 	2016-07-28 	
>>
>>
>> Draft schedule: https://www.w3.org/2016/09/TPAC/schedule.html
>> *
>> *
>> *Agenda+ TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc*
>>
>> ID 	State 	Title 	Person 	Due Date 	Associated with
>> ACTION-462
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>(edit)
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462/edit> 	open
>> Create issue on ttml2 to add "mapping from other versions and profiles
>> of ttml" <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462> 	Glenn
>> Adams 	2016-04-28 	TTML2
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
>>
>>
>> Current open
>> issues: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues and https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues
>>
>> Collated _time_ related issues for
>> TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/wiki/Time
>>
>> _Safe Crop Area Proposal_ –  now raised as Add Safe Crop Area
>> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/173>on github
>>
>>
>> See spreadsheet of editorial actions
>> at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx
>>
>> Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/
>> at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md
>>
>> More volunteers welcomed!
>>
>> _TTML Change Proposals – progress and review_
>>
>> Change Proposal Index is
>> at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex
>>
>> The current priority 2 CPs (needs to be complete before WD for Wide
>> Review) are:
>>
>> 5 	OPEN 	2 	Jerry Smith 	TTML2 	HTML5 Mapping semantics
>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
>> 7 	OPEN 	2 	Pierre-Anthony Lemieux 	TTML2 	3D extensions
>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal007>
>> 9 	OPEN 	2 	Pierre-Anthony Lemieux 	IMSC2 	Complexity model
>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal009>
>> 11 	OPEN 	2 	Pierre-Anthony Lemieux 	TTML2 	Metadata vocab
>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal011>
>> 15 	OPEN 	2 	Glenn Adams 	TTML2 	Style.CSS additions
>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
>> 17 	OPEN 	2 	Glenn Adams 	TTML2 	Style.Defaults
>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
>> 19 	OPEN 	2 	Glenn Adams 	TTML2 	Style.Syntax fixes
>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
>> 21 	OPEN 	2 	Pierre-Anthony Lemieux 	TTML2 	Typography.I18n
>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal021>
>> 25 	OPEN 	2 	Nigel Megitt 	TTML2 	Distribution
>> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>
>>
>> *Agenda+** Profiles registry.*
>> *
>> *
>> Working Group Note published
>> at https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-profile-registry/
>>
>> https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry
>> http://w3c.github.io/tt-profile-registry/
>>
>> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ProfileRegistry
>>
>> *Agenda+ IMSC*
>>
>> Editor's draft is directly viewable
>> at https://rawgit.com/w3c/imsc1/master/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html
>> IMSC Implementation
>> Page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_implementation_page.
>>
>> Press release for IMSC 1 Recommendation and TTML2 WD publication
>> linked from w3.org <http://w3.org> home page and archived
>> via https://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/5445?pk_campaign=feed&pk_kwd=world-wide-web-consortium-w3c-expands-emmy-award-winning-work-on-captions-and-subtitles-for-more-accessible-video-content
>>
>> *Agenda+ TTML and WebVTT Mapping Document*
>>
>> Editor's Draft is at http://w3c.github.io/ttml-webvtt-mapping/
>>
>> *Agenda+ **HTMLCue proposal progress update.*
>>
>> ID 	State 	Title 	Person 	Due Date 	Associated with
>> ACTION-441
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>(edit)
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441/edit> 	open
>> Kick off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea.
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441> 	Andreas Tai
>> 2015-11-05 	
>>
>>
>> See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Apr/0012.html for
>> further information on this, this week.
>>
>> [placeholder agenda item]
>>
>> *Agenda+ **Unicode liaison.*
>>
>> Unicode ticket is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915
>>
>> Note that this was updated after IMSC 1 Recommendation publication as
>> per Action-457.
>>
>> [placeholder agenda item]
>>
>> *Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback*
>>
>>
>> ACTION-473
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473>(edit)
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473/edit> 	open
>> Contact co-chairs and essential parties on how to move forward on vtt;
>> need an action plan
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473> 	Thierry
>> Michel 	2016-06-30
>>
>>
>> ID 	State 	Title 	Person 	Due Date 	Associated with
>> ACTION-396
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>(edit)
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396/edit> 	open
>> Produce evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the
>> archive <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396> 	David
>> Singer 	2015-04-17 	WebVTT 1.0
>> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>
>>
>>
>> Placeholder for discussion on WebVTT review feedback.
>>
>> *Agenda+ AOB*
>>
>> *References*
>>
>> Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
>>
>
>
> ----------------------------
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk <http://www.bbc.co.uk>
> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain
> personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically
> stated.
> If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
> Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in
> reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
> Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
> Further communication will signify your consent to this.
>
> ---------------------
>
Received on Thursday, 11 August 2016 13:56:16 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:29 UTC