Re: ISSUE-446: Should be a subset of IMSC1 [TTML WebVTT mapping note]

I disagree that the T2VP profile should be deliberately constrained to be
a subset of IMSC1, because it would be too limiting and wasn't specified
in the charter description of this Note.

I do agree that if there are significant things that prevent IMSC 1 from
being mappable to WebVTT then we should look at the discrepancies and try
to reconcile them. I also would not object to an additional set of
constraints that explain what limitations would apply to WebVTT in order
to convert it to IMSC 1, extra to what could be done if mapping to TTML1
more generally.

Some obvious things that aren't in WebVTT but are constraints of IMSC 1
that I do not think we need to carry over are the reference fonts, the
simultaneously active region limit and the HRM.

Nigel

On 23/09/2015 05:51, "Timed Text Working Group Issue Tracker"
<sysbot+tracker@w3.org> wrote:

>ISSUE-446: Should be a subset of IMSC1 [TTML WebVTT mapping note]
>
>http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/446

>Raised by: Pierre-Anthony Lemieux
>On product: TTML WebVTT mapping note
>
>The profile/authoring guidelines specified in the document should be a
>subset of IMSC1:
>
>- it helps narrow down the set of features to be supported, e.g. no need
>to support #markerMode
>- it simplifies the job of implementers who are already supporting IMSC1
>
>Features have been deemed necessary but are not in IMSC1 should be
>considered for addition there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk

If you have received it in
Do not use, copy or disclose the