W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > November 2015

{minutes} TTWG Meeting 2015-11-12

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 16:03:43 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D26A6839.2BB3E%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Thanks all for attending today's meeting. Minutes can be found in HTML format at http://www.w3.org/2015/11/12-tt-minutes.html


In text format:


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/


                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

12 Nov 2015

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2015/11/12-tt-irc


Attendees

   Present
          nigel, plh, mike, tmichel, dae, Frans

   Regrets
   Chair
          nigel

   Scribe
          nigel

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]This meeting
         2. [5]Action Items
         3. [6]IMSC
         4. [7]Unicode liaison
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 12 November 2015

   <scribe> scribe: nigel

This meeting

   nigel: I've put the pulse pages from git onto the agenda in
   lieu of the old activity summaries, since tracker can't any
   longer provide a useful agenda.

   <plh> [9]http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/board/


      [9] http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/board/


   plh: This contains issues and pull requests for all of the
   repos in web performance.
   ... I can make one of those for TTWG if you would like it.

   nigel: Yes please?

   <scribe> ACTION: plh Create board for TTWG similar to that for
   webperf [recorded in
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2015/11/12-tt-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-449 - Create board for ttwg similar
   to that for webperf [on Philippe Le Hégaret - due 2015-11-19].

   nigel: Any requests for things to discuss today?

   pal: Can we review two issues marked for Review for IMSC 1?
   Based on the TPAC discussion.

   nigel: yes!

   pal: I'd also like to discuss next steps on IMSC 1. Two
   implementors have mentioned that
   ... the ED has had a lot of good explanatory text added so it
   would be good to publish
   ... a heartbeat or another CR, to get that to be the version
   that is on /TR. Can we figure out
   ... a timeline and a process? I'll propose the end of November.

Action Items

   action-425?

   <trackbot> action-425 -- Thierry Michel to Send a prompt/thank
   you to the potential test result contributors for imsc. -- due
   2015-10-01 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [11]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/425


     [11] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/425


   tmichel: That was done, and then I updated the implementation
   report and a couple of
   ... days ago I've tidied it a bit more.

   nigel: I restyled it earlier today.

   pal: I was going to send another implementor but I haven't
   heard back so we should
   ... close this action for now.

   close action-425

   <trackbot> Closed action-425.

   nigel: Thank you Thierry!

   action-429?

   <trackbot> action-429 -- Mike Dolan to Draft a wg note for the
   profile short name registry and ttml media type registration --
   due 2015-10-08 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [12]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/429


     [12] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/429


   mike: No progress to report so far.

   nigel: I think it would be good to create a github repo for the
   note.

   mike: I was going to raise that too.

   plh: You need a name.
   ... How should I call it?

   <plh> tt-profile-registry

   mike: Sounds right

   nigel: All happy with that?

   <plh> [13]https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry


     [13] https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry


   plh: I've made it!

   action-442?

   <trackbot> action-442 -- Nigel Megitt to Add an issue to ttml2
   for ensuring plain text accessibility -- due 2015-11-05 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [14]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/442


     [14] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/442


   nigel: Nothing to report so far on this.

   action-444?

   <trackbot> action-444 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to Look at writing
   a script to create github issues from tracker issues. -- due
   2015-11-05 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [15]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/444


     [15] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/444


   nigel: I'm certain that plh has done this!

   close action-444

   <trackbot> Closed action-444.

   nigel: Thank you Philippe!

   action-446?

   <trackbot> action-446 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Go through
   every feature and make sure that they take into account any
   dependent features. -- due 2015-11-06 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [16]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/446


     [16] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/446


   pal: Still in process.
   ... I'm going to enter this as an issue on github

   nigel: Good plan.
   ... There are two ways to note tasks in github:
   ... 1. Add a 'task' label.
   ... 2. Add to the description a tick box markdown, like "* [ ]
   Do this task"
   ... I'm happy for this to be raised as an issue for tracking
   purpose.

   pal: Okay I'll raise it on github and let's see how that goes.

   nigel: In the past I've used both mechanisms - the label for
   high level actions and the tickboxes for subtasks.

   pal: I like that idea so I'll do that.

   action-448?

   <trackbot> action-448 -- Nigel Megitt to Put timing diagrams
   somewhere they can be reviews -- due 2015-11-06 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [17]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/448


     [17] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/448


   nigel: I still need to do this.
   ... I will try to do that as a PR on TTML2, to see how that
   process works.
   ... If we move to github issues for actions it will be hard for
   me to pull out the actions
   ... list - plh, is there a way to filter issues labelled as
   'task' for example in the board?

IMSC

   pal: On github there are 2 issues marked as 'review':
   ... They are #68 and #69.

   nigel: Also #81.

   pal: Yes, it might be helpful to have Glenn for that.
   ... #68 and #69 were done before the move to github so there's
   no PR.
   ... but there are changesets.

   [18]https://github.com/w3c/imsc/commit/c7eefbe6831c185fa92ae395

   b31181a601634152

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/imsc/commit/c7eefbe6831c185fa92ae395b31181a601634152


   pal: There's an action on Glenn to provide a list of simple and
   complex scripts.
   ... I've made a start but it may not be complete.

   nigel: Do we need Glenn to complete that action before we can
   close this?

   pal: I've specified it conservatively as 'if it is not simple
   then it's complex' and listed the
   ... simple scripts.
   ... Being Latin, Hebrew, Cyrillic and Greek.

   nigel: There are a small number of variant glyphs in Hebrew.

   pal: My understanding is that it's simple enough to consider as
   simple.
   ... It would be good to have Glenn's comprehensive pass at this
   before we publish the
   ... next iteration.

   nigel: So we do need that before we close the issue.

   <pal>
   [19]https://rawgit.com/w3c/imsc1/master/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.h

   tml

     [19] https://rawgit.com/w3c/imsc1/master/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html


   pal: This has the changes in it. It's linked from the imsc main
   page on github.
   ... Section 9.5 defines 'glyph', adds a Note, and the table has
   two performance values

   nigel: The words 'otherwise' aren't easy to understand - it's
   not clear what they relate to.

   pal: Okay I'll look at ways to address that.

   nigel: You could write out all the words, or maybe there's a
   way to format it so it's clear.

   pal: And the list of scripts is in Appendix H.

   nigel: I might propose a tweak to the wording in H - leave it
   for now though.
   ... Can we close the issues for now and I'll deal with the
   editorial points in a next pass?
   ... I think the editorial points are important here for
   understanding.
   ... However I agree that the substantive points are dealt with.

   pal: If you're not happy please propose alternate text on #68
   and #69.

   nigel: Okay I will!
   ... Should we look at #81?

   [20]https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/81


     [20] https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/81


   pal: Glenn isn't happy that cellResolution cannot be specified
   on root. This goes back to CFF-TT.
   ... My proposal is not to fix this, unless there's a very
   strong reason to. It looks like
   ... it's just for elegance or symmetry, but is not a
   requirement.

   nigel: We should also ask what is the implication of permitting
   ttp:cellResolution?

   pal: Well this isn't broken so we should resist any changes
   that would impact implementors.
   ... There's nothing that needs to be done that cannot be done
   unless this change is made.

   nigel: Please could you summarise that position on the issue?

   pal: Yes I will do that.

   nigel: The last thing to cover is a new CR version of IMSC1.

   pal: Yes.

   nigel: We have to resolve the remaining issues that need to be
   resolved and update
   ... the dates in the SOTD.

   pal: I think we can do that in the next 2 weeks.

   tmichel: We make a snapshot and request another CR.

   nigel: So we need a resolution based on a particular snapshot.

   pal: So we can set a target for a spec that has all issues
   resolved...?

   nigel: Yes, then when we have done that then we can prepare a
   snapshot with an updated
   ... SOTD and CR exit criteria.

   pal: I need to prepare a list of changes and then we can review
   for how substantive they are.

   [21]http://www.w3.org/2015/Process-20150901/#substantive-change


     [21] http://www.w3.org/2015/Process-20150901/#substantive-change


   pal: I will focus on that. New features and conformance
   changes.

   nigel: There are quite a few issues right now - what's your
   plan?

   pal: My intent is to resolve them all so that we have a clean
   slate. Either fix, wontfix, or defer to IMSC 2.
   ... Maybe next week I can put together a proposed plan.
   ... I'm going to remove the "for review" label on it that made
   me reconsider it so I need to go back to him and figure that
   one out.

Unicode liaison

   nigel: Our ticket on Unicode has been updated:

   [22]http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915


     [22] http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915


   nigel: It has been moved from milestone 29 to "upcoming". I
   don't know what that means!
   ... I think we have no more topics for today, so let's close
   the meeting 2 minutes early!
   ... Thanks everyone [adjourns meeting]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: plh Create board for TTWG similar to that for
   webperf [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2015/11/12-tt-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [24]scribe.perl version
    1.140 ([25]CVS log)
    $Date: 2015/11/12 16:03:15 $

     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/







----------------------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.

---------------------
Received on Thursday, 12 November 2015 16:04:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:25 UTC