Re: Stepping down as WebVTT editor

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 09:27:27 -0800
Cc: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
To: "public-texttracks@w3.org" <public-texttracks@w3.org>
Hi everyone

further to this update,

> On Oct 13, 2015, at 1:10 , Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am happy that Courtney Kennedy from Apple has volunteered to take my
> place and join Simon, both of who have already landed some great
> patches.
>
> Thanks for all the discussions and I'm excited to see Simon and
> Courtney taking WebVTT forward from here-on!

I regret that Courtney won’t be taking over from Silvia (at least not immediately) as she has left Apple.

At the moment, Simon seems to be going great all by himself, so a second editor doesn’t seem urgent for the main VTT specification.  However, I think that help on the TTML <-> VTT mapping would be valuable.

Sorry for the disruption!

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.