Re: [IMSC 1] test suite review

  Nigel, Pierre,

Thanks for your report on the coverage of the Test suite vs IMSC1 CR.

I have added in the implementation report [1] the following wording

["MSC1 introduces extensions to TTML1, as well as incorporates
extensions specified in ST2052-1 and EBU-TT-D. Tests cover every feature
defined in IMSC1 not already present in TTML1. Refer to the list of
extensions added in IMSC1 in section 6.7, section 6.10, section 7.4,
section 8.4 and in Appendix F.
[http://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-imsc1/#features-and-extensions"]

I have also added links in the table, to the appropriate section of the
IMSC spec, for convinience.

For this test suite we are mainly covering the SHALL assertions

like for example:

- The root container of a Document Instance SHALL be mapped to the
related video object frame according to the following:
- If ittp:aspectRatio is present, the root container SHALL be mapped to
a rectangular area within the related video object such that:

Shouldn't we also test the SHALL NOT assertions to test/describe the
behavior ?

For example:

- Text Profile Constraints
#image  SHALL NOT be used.

- Image Profile Constraints
smpte:backgroundImageHorizontal and smpte:backgroundImageVertical SHALL
NOT be used.
smpte:image SHALL NOT be used.

ittp:aspectRatio SHALL NOT be present if tts:extent is present.

[1]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_Implementation_Report#Introduction
Thierry.