Re: WebVTT Working to be published with new publication tool (Echidna).

On 19/06/2015 15:00, Glenn Adams wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 6:47 AM, Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org
> <mailto:tmichel@w3.org>> wrote:
>

>     On 19/06/2015 11:44, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>
>         I'm in favour of using this approach, but I'm going to have to let
>         Philip speak, too, since he has automated the publishing
>         approach for
>         the WebVTT spec.
>

>     Sure.
>

>         WebVTT is written in respec, so it will be ready to adapt.
>

>     good news. should be easy to provide a TR ready WD then.
>

>         David, I believe you will have to ask the TTWG for approval to
>         take this
>         approach next. The rest should be simple.
>

>     Yes that is the way to go.
>     Needs discussion about using a single TTWG approuval for all future
>     WD publications or a TTWG approuval for each future WD publication.
>

> I do not expect agreement on a blanket use of the new tool for *all*
> future WDs, e.g., TTML is authored in XML using the xmlspec DTD. This is
> unlikely to change.

I was primary talking about WebVTT. A TTWG agreement for  *all*
future WebVTT WDs vs a TTWG agreement  *each*
time the WG publishes a WebVTT WD.

Now for TTML the use of Echidna is orthogonal to the way the spec is
produce.

Using Echidna or the current publishing process with the webmaster
requires in both cases to produce a TR valid document.

It can be done manually or with REspec or using converting scripts, if
we need to automate the transformation, in the case we plan to publish
often (which may not be the case).

Best,
Thierry