From: Glenn Adams [mailto:glenn@skynav.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:18 AM
To: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Cc: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Subject: Re: FW: ATSC Liaison to W3C

btw, I think the suggestion that the syntax/value space of tts:color would not change to accommodate this will not work; we can't have #RRGGBB mean something that is not RGB, we can't have rgb() and rgba() mean something that is not RGB; at least we can't do so without completely disregarding history and name to meaning correspondence;

we would need to introduce a new generic color function, e.g., color() to introduce generic color spaces; it would also be better for compatibility purposes as it would signal use of another space;