Re: ISSUE-345: tts:overflow - ambiguous language about region extent [TTML 1.0 (Editorial)]

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 9:44 AM, Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com>
wrote:

> Hi Glenn et al.,
>
> Referring to [1] and per the TTWG call earlier, below are
> questions/suggestions:
>
> - does the proposed note replace the existing note under the paragraph
> that starts with "If the value of this attribute is visible"?

No. The errata says:

Add the following *Note* immediately after the paragraph starting with "If
the value of this attribute is visible...":

It does not say replace or modify the existing note. If it did, then it
would use red or green highlighting as noted in:
Conventions

Added text marked thus. Removed text marked thus. Changed text marked thus.

> - the second paragraph of the note, which corrects the normative text
> immediately above, should appear first.

It elaborates or clarifies as opposed to "corrects".

> The first paragraph of the
> note, which provides additional details can appear second, or perhaps
> after the illustrative example. The idea is to provide the reader with
> a crisp statement on the interpretation of the normative text.

Thanks for your suggestion about an editorial change to the order of the
paragraphs. I find that the current order is sufficient and necessary as
the second paragraph refers explicitly to the two contexts of
interpretation described in the first paragraph. If I changed the order,
then the first paragraph would require a forward reference instead of
backward reference. In general, we avoid forward references as it makes
understanding more difficult. In conclusion, I decline to make the proposed
 change.

If you find there is a factual or grammatical error in the proposed errata,
then please let me know.