Re: [TTML2] Issue-228: Ruby text support

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 3:48 AM, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
wrote:

>  I've added the following review note to Issue-228:
>

>  Alignment with the proposed approach for Rubys in HTML5 has been
> achieved semantically but not syntactically with the current draft proposal.

That (syntactic equivalence) has never been a goal or a requirement for any
TTML feature adopted from other specifications.

> One of the impacts of this is that, in order to support Rubys, processors
> must also support #nested-span.

Correct. I don't see that as a problem.

> Another is that an extra level of translation is needed to create an HTML5
> equivalent ISD including Rubys.

What do you mean by "extra level"? I don't see any extra level: it would
simply be part of the same single translation layer.