W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > October 2014

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 23/10/2014

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 15:21:44 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D06D89ED.150B8%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Please check <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140619T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140710T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140717T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140724T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140731T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140807T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140815T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140814T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140821T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140904T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140911T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140925T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141002T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141009T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141016T10&p1=43> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141023T10&p1=43


Thursdays 10:03am-11:00pm Boston local

Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to :http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc


Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: [to assign during meeting]

Regrets:

Activity since last meeting:
Actions: none;
Issues discussed: Issue-305;
Issues raised: Issue-351, Issue-352, Issue-353;
TPAC2014 F2F agenda edited;
Change Proposal 14 Audio Rendering edited.


Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest:
1. Santa Clara F2F October Agenda (TPAC)
2. IMSC 1 CR Exit Criteria
3. WebVTT FPWD publication
4. Action Items
5. Issues
6. Change proposals - can we close any? Which ones to work on next?
7. AOB – please notify now!

Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

October 23rd: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour

Further ahead:
October 27th: IMSC 1 WD review period ends
October 27th & 28th: TTWG F2F meeting at TPAC: substantive/contentious issues on TTML2 to be discussed with proposals, and resolved with action where necessary for implementation in FPWD or a subsequent WD; review comments on IMSC 1 to be discussed.

Week commencing 3rd November: publish TTML2 FPWD
November 6th: TTWG phone meeting: ? hours
November 13th: TTWG phone meeting: ? Hours
November 20th: TTWG phone meeting: ? hours
Thursday 20th November: all actions and issues on TTML2 due by the next WD to be implemented; all others deferred to CR or v.next
November 27th: TTWG phone meeting: ? Hours

Tuesday 16th December: publish 'Last Call' style WD for wide review with 6 week review period (to allow for holiday season and time to get liaison messages out notifying of the need for review).
Friday 19th December: internal and external liaison messages sent out by Chair notifying of feature completeness and requesting review comments of TTML2.
Tuesday 17th January: TTML2 WD wide review period ends


Agenda+ Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC)

Our TPAC2014 wiki page is at [1]. Draft Agenda and attendees section now added.
Any more agenda items?
Does anyone want to use the 1100-1500 period for meeting time or for ad hoc meetings? See TPAC2014 ad hoc meeting wiki page at [2].
We have been asked to tell other groups if we can free up our room in the ad hoc meeting period.
Lunch can be scheduled any time between 12:00-14:00.
Morning breaks can be scheduled any time between 10:00-11:00.
Afternoon breaks can be scheduled any time between 15:00-16:00.

Attendees who have not yet registered may do so on the day (USD150 per day), however some (other) groups are now at capacity.


Agenda+ IMSC CR Exit criteria

What questions do we need to answer to derive the appropriate exit criteria for IMSC CR?
Note that we have a session for this in the F2F agenda, so this agendum is for understanding the problem space.

Considerations I have gathered from other CR exit criteria:

  *   Do we want to require a minimum number of interoperable implementations for each feature?
  *   Do we want to test only the features with feature or extension designations? What about conformance requirements that do not have designations?
  *   How do we define interoperability?
  *   What levels of maturity, completion and availability do we require for each implementation to consider it?
  *   What types of implementation do we want to see? Any? At least n document validators and at least m presentation processors?
  *   Do we require any particular implementation approach?
  *   Does it matter if implementations can process standalone documents, or do they need to process documents and associated video objects simultaneously?
  *   What is the minimum duration of the CR period?
  *   What commitment does the TTWG want to give to responding to issues raised during the CR period?

Agenda+ WebVTT publication

Carried over from last week: can we resolve to publish [3] as an FPWD?

We decided to use http://www.w3.org/TR/webvtt1/ for the short name.

Agenda+ Action items

There are 2 upcoming actions.
ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-332<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/332>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/332/edit>     open    Add schema support for ISD vocabulary<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/332>     Glenn Adams     2014-10-27      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-333<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/333>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/333/edit>     open    Create a one pager to cover the plan for the director's meeting for taking imsc1 to cr.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/333>   Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2014-10-27


Agenda+ Issues raised over the past week and Pending Review

These issues were all raised following our discussion of MIME type and "codecs" (sic) parameter, as placeholders for changes needed to TTML2 to support the short codes processorProfiles external parameter.
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-351<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/351>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/351/edit>
Update IANA registration for TTML2      RAISED  Update IANA registration for TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/351> 2014-10-17      TTML2   0
ISSUE-352<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/352>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/352/edit>
Add Media Registration Annex    RAISED  Add Media Registration Annex<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/352>       2014-10-17      TTML2   0
ISSUE-353<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/353>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/353/edit>
Normatively define short code processorProfiles parameter       RAISED  Normatively define short code processorProfiles parameter<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/353>  2014-10-17      TTML2   0



Right now there are 54 issues Open on TTML2 - see [4] for the current list.


Agenda+ Change Proposals – progress and review

Change Proposal Index is at [5].

Our current priority 1 CPs are:

5       OPEN    1       Jerry Smith     TTML2   HTML5 Mapping semantics<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
15      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.CSS additions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
16      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Conditional<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal016>
17      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Defaults<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
19      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Syntax fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
25      OPEN    1       Nigel Megitt    TTML2   Distribution<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>

Does any of the work discussed in this meeting result in a change of status to any CPs, e.g. To CLOSED-IMPLEMENTED?

Agenda+ AOB


References

[1] Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC) wiki page http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/tpac2014

[2] TPAC2014 Ad hoc meetings wiki page: <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC2014/ad-hoc-meetings#Ideas_for_the_Processes_to_Manage_the_Ad-Hoc_meetings> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC2014/ad-hoc-meetings

[3] Staged snapshot of WebVTT for FPWD: http://dev.w3.org/html5/webvtt/webvtt-staged-snapshot.html

[4] List of Open, Raised and Pending Review Issues on TTML2: https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4

[5] Change Proposals at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex

Tracker http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/trackerTTML

Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText


Received on Wednesday, 22 October 2014 15:21:48 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:18 UTC