W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > October 2014

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 16/10/2014

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 14:57:50 +0000
To: W3C Public TTWG <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D06449CF.14740%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Please check <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140619T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140710T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140717T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140724T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140731T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140807T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140815T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140814T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140821T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140904T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140911T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140925T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141002T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141009T10&p1=43> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141016T10&p1=43

Thursdays 10:03am-11:00pm Boston local

Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to :http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: [to assign during meeting]


Activity since last meeting:
Actions: none;
Issues discussed: Issue-305;
Issues raised: none;
WebVTT FPWD preparation discussed on reflector.

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest:
1. Santa Clara F2F October Agenda (TPAC)
2. Issue-305 etc – MIME type processor profiles short codes parameter
3. WebVTT FPWD publication
4. Action Items
5. Issues
6. Change proposals - can we close any? Which ones to work on next?
7. AOB – please notify now!

Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

October 16th: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour

Further ahead:
October 23rd: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour
October 27th: IMSC 1 WD review period ends
October 27th & 28th: TTWG F2F meeting at TPAC: substantive/contentious issues on TTML2 to be discussed with proposals, and resolved with action where necessary for implementation in FPWD or a subsequent WD; review comments on IMSC 1 to be discussed.

Week commencing 3rd November: publish TTML2 FPWD
November 6th: TTWG phone meeting: ? hours
November 13th: TTWG phone meeting: ? Hours
November 20th: TTWG phone meeting: ? hours
Thursday 20th November: all actions and issues on TTML2 due by the next WD to be implemented; all others deferred to CR or v.next
November 27th: TTWG phone meeting: ? Hours

Tuesday 16th December: publish 'Last Call' style WD for wide review with 6 week review period (to allow for holiday season and time to get liaison messages out notifying of the need for review).
Friday 19th December: internal and external liaison messages sent out by Chair notifying of feature completeness and requesting review comments of TTML2.
Tuesday 17th January: TTML2 WD wide review period ends

Agenda+ Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC)

Wiki page is at [1]. Draft Agenda and attendees section now added.

Agenda+ Issue-305 MIME type processor profiles short codes parameter

ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
Profile short names     PENDING REVIEW  Registry of TTML profiles and short names<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>  2014-05-01              1

Can we agree to host a registry based on [2]?
What would we like to call the additional MIME type parameter? (re-use "profile" or define something new)
What is our response to MPEG?

Agenda+ WebVTT publication

What short code to use? (options proposed are http://www.w3.org/TR/webvtt/ or http://www.w3.org/TR/webvtt1/ or both)
Shall we publish an FPWD based on [3]?
How do we plan to demonstrate wide review for advancing to CR?

Agenda+ Action items

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-338<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/338>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/338/edit>     open    Update change proposal 1 to reflect new approach and move to closed-implemented.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/338>  Glenn Adams     2014-10-16
ACTION-339<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/339>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/339/edit>     open    Fill in the relevant sections of change proposal 12 and move it to closed-implemented.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/339>    Glenn Adams     2014-10-16
ACTION-340<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/340>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/340/edit>     open    Update change proposal 24 and move to closed-implemented<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/340>  Glenn Adams     2014-10-16

Agenda+ Issues discussed over the past week and Pending Review

ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
Negative times for offsets      PENDING REVIEW  In order to handle offsets between start time in TTML docs and start time in video, allow negative times to be used in fragment begin times.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/335>       2014-08-14      TTML2   0

Right now there are currently 51 issues Open on TTML2 - see [4] for the current list.

Agenda+ Change Proposals – progress and review

Change Proposal Index is at [5].

Our current priority 1 CPs are:
1       PENDING CLOSE   1       Jerry Smith     TTML2   Amendments to the set attribute<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001>
5       OPEN    1       Jerry Smith     TTML2   HTML5 Mapping semantics<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
12      PENDING CLOSE   1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Profile fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal012>
15      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.CSS additions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
16      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Conditional<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal016>
17      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Defaults<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
19      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Syntax fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
24      PENDING CLOSE   1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   XML fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal024>
25      OPEN    1       Nigel Megitt    TTML2   Distribution<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>

Does any of the work discussed in this meeting result in a change of status to any CPs, e.g. To CLOSED-IMPLEMENTED?

Agenda+ AOB


[1] Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC) wiki page http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/tpac2014

[2] Codecs Registry (draft): https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/CodecsRegistry

[3] Staged snapshot of WebVTT for FPWD: http://dev.w3.org/html5/webvtt/webvtt-staged-snapshot.html

[4] List of Open, Raised and Pending Review Issues on TTML2: https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4

[5] Change Proposals at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex

Tracker http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/trackerTTML

Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText

Received on Wednesday, 15 October 2014 14:57:38 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:18 UTC