W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > October 2014

Re: {minutes} TTWG Meeting 9/10/2014

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 12:22:40 +1100
Message-ID: <CAHp8n2=fy9MgRAqfqzQygFQ__T9DtbfwRWkd=OLOAgv2aqpwxg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Cc: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 2:05 AM, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks all for attending today's TTWG meeting. Minutes are available in
> HTML format at http://www.w3.org/2014/10/09-tt-minutes.html
>
> In text format:
>
>    [1]W3C
>
>       [1] http://www.w3.org/
>
>                 Timed Text Working Group Teleconference
>
> 09 Oct 2014
>
>    See also: [2]IRC log
>
>       [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/10/09-tt-irc
>
> Attendees
>
>    Present
>           courtney, Frans, glenn, nigel, tmichel, pal, jdsmith
>
>    Regrets
>           mdolan
>
>    Chair
>           nigel
>
>    Scribe
>           nigel
>
> Contents
>
>      * [3]Topics
>          1. [4]This meeting
>          2. [5]Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC)
>          3. [6]IMSC 1 WD Comments
>          4. [7]TTML2 Timeline
>          5. [8]Action Items pending review
>          6. [9]Action items overdue
>          7. [10]Issues discussed and Pending Review
>          8. [11]Change Proposals
>      * [12]Summary of Action Items
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>    <trackbot> Date: 09 October 2014
>
>    <mike> regrets for today. apologies.
>
>    <scribe> scribeNick: nigel
>
> This meeting
>

Hi Nigel,

>    nigel: I've created a git repo for the TTML <--> WebVTT
>    mappings from Geneva. If folk could either add their own and
>    send a pull request to me or
>    ... just email me the files then I'll put them in. Then I'll
>    send a pull request to the main w3c repo to get them included.


Would you mind sharing the URL for the git repo that you referred to?
I'd like to subscribe to it to stay on top of things.

Thanks,
Silvia.


>
>    courtney: I'd request that people check their work before
>    submitting.
>
> Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC)
>
>    [13]http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/tpac2014
>
>      [13] http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/tpac2014
>
>    nigel: There's a request to deal with the IMSC 1 comments and
>    the Codecs registry item on the Monday.
>    ... If folk could add their names to the Attendees table on the
>    wiki page that would be very helpful.
>
> IMSC 1 WD Comments
>
>    [14]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/34314/WD-ttml
>    -imsc1-20140930/
>
>      [14]
> http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/34314/WD-ttml-imsc1-20140930/
>
>    nigel: I suggest we discuss offline and then agree responses at
>    TPAC.
>
>    pal: I would typically wait until the review period has ended,
>    and work on responses in time for TPAC.
>
>    tmichel: Typically the person to whom the comment is assigned
>    should prepare a response, then agree it with the WG, then send
>    to the commenter and get their responses.
>    ... I have some guidance documentation for this tool which I
>    can share.
>    ... I will send this guide out.
>    ... For the procedure, I will track the comments, then add each
>    one. When there are multiple issues raised in a single email I
>    will split them.
>    ... I can then assign to people, or we can just assign them in
>    the weekly meetings. The field "Working Group Notes" is for
>    input.
>    ... Then at the F2F the WG should find a resolution for each
>    proposal. Then the Submit button makes the issue 'ready to
>    send' to the commenter.
>    ... Then we send, and request approval from the commenter -
>    there's a range of responses permitted.
>
>    nigel: Thank you. Can we assign the comments now?
>
>    pal: Please assign them to me.
>
>    tmichel: Okay, I will do.
>    ... When comments are just a 'set of typos' etc we should keep
>    them as single comment to manage the workload.
>
> TTML2 Timeline
>
>    nigel: Describes timeline as set out in emails and agenda.
>
>    glenn: Implementation activity may mean that we need upwards of
>    3 months in CR.
>
> Action Items pending review
>
>    action-331?
>
>    <trackbot> action-331 -- Nigel Megitt to Contact cyril
>    requesting git repository instructions for the tests. -- due
>    2014-09-24 -- PENDINGREVIEW
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [15]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/331
>
>      [15] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/331
>
>    nigel: I've done this. Incidentally I've put all the existing
>    dfxp tests into github too.
>
>    [16]https://github.com/nigelmegitt/web-platform-tests/tree/ttwg
>    /ttml
>
>      [16] https://github.com/nigelmegitt/web-platform-tests/tree/ttwg/ttml
>
>    close action-331
>
>    <trackbot> Closed action-331.
>
>    action-336?
>
>    <trackbot> action-336 -- Nigel Megitt to Add codecs registry to
>    f2f agenda at tpac -- due 2014-10-09 -- PENDINGREVIEW
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [17]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/336
>
>      [17] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/336
>
>    action-336: [TTWG meeting] We will cover this on the Monday.
>
>    <trackbot> Notes added to action-336 Add codecs registry to f2f
>    agenda at tpac.
>
>    close action-336
>
>    <trackbot> Closed action-336.
>
>    action-337?
>
>    <trackbot> action-337 -- Nigel Megitt to Update TTML2
>    publication timeline -- due 2014-10-13 -- PENDINGREVIEW
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [18]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/337
>
>      [18] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/337
>
>    close action-337
>
>    <trackbot> Closed action-337.
>
> Action items overdue
>
>    action-332?
>
>    <trackbot> action-332 -- Glenn Adams to Add schema support for
>    ISD vocabulary -- due 2014-10-01 -- OPEN
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [19]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/332
>
>      [19] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/332
>
>    glenn: That's still ongoing pending some refinements I'm making
>    on the vocabulary.
>    ... I've been implementing support for the ISD format in TTV so
>    I've been experimenting on that vocabulary and refining it a
>    little bit.
>    ... I'm folding the changes into Annex C as I go.
>
>    action-332: Moving due date to TPAC (TTWG meeting)
>
>    <trackbot> Notes added to action-332 Add schema support for ISD
>    vocabulary.
>
>    action-333?
>
>    <trackbot> action-333 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Create a one
>    pager to cover the plan for the director's meeting for taking
>    imsc1 to cr. -- due 2014-10-02 -- OPEN
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [20]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/333
>
>      [20] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/333
>
>    action-333: Moving due date to TPAC (TTWG meeting)
>
>    <trackbot> Notes added to action-333 Create a one pager to
>    cover the plan for the director's meeting for taking imsc1 to
>    cr..
>
> Issues discussed and Pending Review
>
>    issue-228?
>
>    <trackbot> issue-228 -- Ruby text support -- pending review
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [21]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/228
>
>      [21] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/228
>
>    glenn: I added an offset, so this covers all the requested
>    features.
>
>    close issue-228
>
>    <trackbot> Closed issue-228.
>
>    glenn: I note that there's no mapping in CSS for the offset
>    feature, but at least authors may express the intent.
>
>    issue-276?
>
>    <trackbot> issue-276 -- ttp:version vs ttp:profile vs
>    ttp:contentProfile -- pending review
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [22]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/276
>
>      [22] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/276
>
>    Frans: for me this is okay to close
>
>    issue-276: frans has reviewed.
>
>    <trackbot> Notes added to issue-276 ttp:version vs ttp:profile
>    vs ttp:contentProfile.
>
>    close issue-276
>
>    <trackbot> Closed issue-276.
>
>    issue-345?
>
>    <trackbot> issue-345 -- tts:overflow - ambiguous language about
>    region extent -- pending review
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [23]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/345
>
>      [23] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/345
>
>    close issue-345
>
>    <trackbot> Closed issue-345.
>
>    issue-346?
>
>    <trackbot> issue-346 -- Need ttp:mediaDuration parameter --
>    pending review
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [24]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/346
>
>      [24] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/346
>
>    nigel: I wonder if this is related to the related media object
>    timing discussion for TPAC.
>
>    glenn: It's independent of the media offset feature.
>    ... There was a question about whether it's metadata or a
>    parameter. There will be a normative use (processor behaviour)
>    for the ISD mapping, so it will be a parameter.
>
>    close issue-346
>
>    <trackbot> Closed issue-346.
>
>    issue-347?
>
>    <trackbot> issue-347 -- Define ISD Syntax for both UA internal
>    use and interchange. -- pending review
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [25]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/347
>
>      [25] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/347
>
>    glenn: This was done. I added the issue to track the change I
>    wanted to make.
>
>    nigel: We haven't really discussed this so it would be good to
>    go through your reasons and solution at TPAC.
>
>    glenn: Yes, let's go ahead and do that. It's my intention to
>    make ISD an interchangeable format and to that extent I'm
>    effectively defining the schema so that we would
>    ... continue to use the same content type but with a different
>    root element to the tt:tt. Right now TTML documents in the
>    larger sense can either be tt:tt or ttp:profile.
>    ... I'm extending this to add isd:sequence and isd:isd to allow
>    interchange of a sequence of ISD documents or a single ISD.
>
>    close issue-347
>
>    <trackbot> Closed issue-347.
>
>    issue-348?
>
>    <trackbot> issue-348 -- Make metric optional in offset-time
>    form of time expressions. -- pending review
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [26]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/348
>
>      [26] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/348
>
>    glenn: Both SMIL and SVG allow the metric to be optional and I
>    frequently find it convenient to drop it, especially when the
>    value is zero.
>    ... I'm proposing making TTML consistent with SMIL and SVG.
>    I've already amended the spec.
>
>    nigel: This is the first opportunity we've had to discuss this.
>
>    close issue-348
>
>    <trackbot> Closed issue-348.
>
>    issue-350?
>
>    <trackbot> issue-350 -- Add general statement/comment in
>    abstract/introduction that IMSC1 is not a proper subset of
>    TTML1SE. -- pending review
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [27]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/350
>
>      [27] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/350
>
>    jdsmith: Does that imply that it extends TTML1?
>
>    nigel: Yes it does.
>
>    jdsmith: Are the extensions listed?
>
>    pal: Yes, Annex D Extensions lists them.
>
>    close issue-350
>
>    <trackbot> Closed issue-350.
>
>    issue-337?
>
>    <trackbot> issue-337 -- Update SDP-US for TTML2 -- open
>
>    <trackbot>
>    [28]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/337
>
>      [28] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/337
>
>    issue-337: (TTWG meeting) We resolved not to update SDP-US for
>    TTML2.
>
>    <trackbot> Notes added to issue-337 Update SDP-US for TTML2.
>
>    close issue-337
>
>    <trackbot> Closed issue-337.
>
> Change Proposals
>
>    [29]http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex
>
>      [29] http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex
>
>    nigel: CP1 is owned by jdsmith, and covers issue-165 which is
>    closed.
>    ... It doesn't have an Edits Applied section. What do we need
>    to do to close this CP?
>
>    glenn: No further edits are needed for this. The only action is
>    to update the CP to reflect that the proposed edits no longer
>    apply.
>    ... For example the target element attribute isn't used in the
>    current spec. Targets can be inline and implied, or out of line
>    and have content elements point back using an animate
>    attribute.
>    ... So the original proposal has morphed a bit. We should
>    update the CP to reflect those changes.
>
>    <scribe> ACTION: glenn Update Change Proposal 1 to reflect new
>    approach and move to CLOSED-IMPLEMENTED. [recorded in
>    [30]http://www.w3.org/2014/10/09-tt-minutes.html#action01]
>
>    <trackbot> Created ACTION-338 - Update change proposal 1 to
>    reflect new approach and move to closed-implemented. [on Glenn
>    Adams - due 2014-10-16].
>
>    jdsmith: I believe the intent of the CP is satisfied.
>
>    nigel: Change Proposal 12 is the next one, with a whole bunch
>    of profile fixes.
>
>    [31]https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal012
>
>      [31] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal012
>
>    glenn: Now that we've closed issue-276 the only dependent issue
>    is issue-305. That one is really external to the profiling
>    mechanism per se.
>
>    nigel: I agree - it should be a related issue without a
>    dependency.
>
>    <scribe> ACTION: glenn Fill in the relevant sections of Change
>    Proposal 12 and move it to CLOSED-IMPLEMENTED. [recorded in
>    [32]http://www.w3.org/2014/10/09-tt-minutes.html#action02]
>
>    <trackbot> Created ACTION-339 - Fill in the relevant sections
>    of change proposal 12 and move it to closed-implemented. [on
>    Glenn Adams - due 2014-10-16].
>
>    [33]https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal024
>
>      [33] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal024
>
>    nigel: The last Pending Close one is CP24
>
>    <scribe> ACTION: glenn Update Change Proposal 24 and move to
>    CLOSED-IMPLEMENTED [recorded in
>    [34]http://www.w3.org/2014/10/09-tt-minutes.html#action03]
>
>    <trackbot> Created ACTION-340 - Update change proposal 24 and
>    move to closed-implemented [on Glenn Adams - due 2014-10-16].
>
>    nigel: I wonder if we can deal with CP17... Oh, we're dependent
>    on issue-179.
>    ... I have to do some more work on CP25 too - that's
>    progressing and I intend to update this prior to TPAC and
>    hopefully present the work at TPAC.
>    ... It's going to be interesting to compare and contrast the
>    two approaches of 1) sequence of ISDs and 2) sequence of TTML
>    documents. My view now is that both are valid and valuable.
>    ... Thanks everyone, we've finished 4 minutes early! We have 1
>    hour next week.
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
>    [NEW] ACTION: glenn Fill in the relevant sections of Change
>    Proposal 12 and move it to CLOSED-IMPLEMENTED. [recorded in
>    [35]http://www.w3.org/2014/10/09-tt-minutes.html#action02]
>    [NEW] ACTION: glenn Update Change Proposal 1 to reflect new
>    approach and move to CLOSED-IMPLEMENTED. [recorded in
>    [36]http://www.w3.org/2014/10/09-tt-minutes.html#action01]
>    [NEW] ACTION: glenn Update Change Proposal 24 and move to
>    CLOSED-IMPLEMENTED [recorded in
>    [37]http://www.w3.org/2014/10/09-tt-minutes.html#action03]
>
>    [End of minutes]
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>
>     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [38]scribe.perl version
>     1.138 ([39]CVS log)
>     $Date: 2014-10-09 15:03:28 $
>
>      [38] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
>      [39] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
>
>
Received on Friday, 10 October 2014 01:23:27 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:18 UTC