W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > October 2014

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 9/10/2014

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 16:25:24 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D05B23FC.13EB2%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Please check <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140619T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140710T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140717T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140724T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140731T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140807T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140815T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140814T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140821T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140904T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140911T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140925T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141002T10&p1=43> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141009T10&p1=43


Thursdays 10:03am-11:00pm Boston local

Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to :http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc


Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: [to assign during meeting]

Regrets:

Activity since last meeting:
Actions: Action-283, Action-331, Action-336, Action-337, Action-332;
Issues discussed: Issue-228, Issue-305;
Issues raised: none;
IMSC 1 comments received (2 commenters);
TTML to WebVTT mappings from Geneva added to git repo.


Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest:
1. Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC)
2. IMSC 1 WD comments.
3. TTML 2 timeline.
4. Action Items
5. Issues - pending review first, then open and discussed
6. Change proposals - can we close any? Which ones to work on next?
7. AOB – please notify now!

Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

October 9th: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour

Further ahead:
Wednesday 8th October: 'last issues' closure date for TTML2 – any new
feature issues beyond this point to be deferred until after FPWD, e.g. to
CR or to v.next.
October 16th: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour
October 23rd: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour
October 27th: IMSC 1 WD review period ends
October 27th & 28th: TTWG F2F meeting at TPAC: substantive/contentious issues on TTML2 to be discussed with proposals, and resolved with action where necessary for implementation in FPWD or a subsequent WD; review comments on IMSC 1 to be discussed.

Week commencing 3rd November: publish TTML2 FPWD
November 6th: TTWG phone meeting: ? hours
November 13th: TTWG phone meeting: ? Hours
November 20th: TTWG phone meeting: ? hours
Thursday 20th November: all actions and issues on TTML2 due by the next WD to be implemented; all others deferred to CR or v.next
November 27th: TTWG phone meeting: ? Hours

Tuesday 16th December: publish 'Last Call' style WD for wide review with 6 week review period (to allow for holiday season and time to get liaison messages out notifying of the need for review).
Friday 19th December: internal and external liaison messages sent out by Chair notifying of feature completeness and requesting review comments of TTML2.
Tuesday 17th January: TTML2 WD wide review period ends


Agenda+ Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC)

Wiki page is at [1]. Draft Agenda and attendees section now added.


Agenda+ IMSC 1 WD Comments

Comments received are being tracked at [2].

Discussion approach – offline with conclusion and responses at TPAC, or respond more immediately?

Agenda+ TTML2 timeline

See future milestones above.

Agenda+ Action items pending review

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-331<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/331>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/331/edit>     pending review  Contact cyril requesting git repository instructions for the tests.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/331>       Nigel Megitt    2014-09-24      TTML WebVTT mapping note<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/11>
ACTION-336<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/336>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/336/edit>     pending review  Add codecs registry to f2f agenda at tpac<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/336> Nigel Megitt    2014-10-09      Profile short names<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>
ACTION-337<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/337>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/337/edit>     pending review  Update TTML2 publication timeline<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/337> Nigel Megitt    2014-10-13      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>



Agenda+ Action items overdue

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-332<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/332>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/332/edit>     open    Add schema support for ISD vocabulary<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/332>     Glenn Adams     2014-10-01      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-333<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/333>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/333/edit>     open    Create a one pager to cover the plan for the director's meeting for taking imsc1 to cr.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/333>   Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2014-10-02
ACTION-335<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/335>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/335/edit>     open    Review issue-276 by 9/10/14<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/335>       Frans de Jong   2014-10-02

Agenda+ Issues discussed over the past week and Pending Review

ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-228<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/228>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/228/edit>
Ruby text       PENDING REVIEW  Ruby text support<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/228>  2013-05-30      TTML2   0
ISSUE-276<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/276>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/276/edit>
version-vs-profile      PENDING REVIEW  ttp:version vs ttp:profile vs ttp:contentProfile<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/276>   2013-09-05      TTML2   0
ISSUE-305<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305/edit>
Profile short names     PENDING REVIEW  Registry of TTML profiles and short names<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>  2014-05-01              1
ISSUE-335<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/335>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/335/edit>
Negative times for offsets      PENDING REVIEW  In order to handle offsets between start time in TTML docs and start time in video, allow negative times to be used in fragment begin times.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/335>       2014-08-14      TTML2   0
ISSUE-345<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/345>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/345/edit>        PENDING REVIEW  tts:overflow - ambiguous language about region extent<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/345>      2014-09-17      TTML 1.0 (Editorial)    0
ISSUE-346<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/346>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/346/edit>        PENDING REVIEW  Need ttp:mediaDuration parameter<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/346>   2014-09-21      TTML2   0
ISSUE-347<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/347>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/347/edit>
ISD Syntax      PENDING REVIEW  Define ISD Syntax for both UA internal use and interchange.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/347>        2014-09-23      TTML2   0
ISSUE-348<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/348>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/348/edit>        PENDING REVIEW  Make metric optional in offset-time form of time expressions.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/348>      2014-09-23      TTML2   0
ISSUE-350<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/350>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/350/edit>        PENDING REVIEW  Add general statement/comment in abstract/introduction that IMSC1 is not a proper subset of TTML1SE.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/350>       2014-09-25      TTML IMSC 1.0   0

Right now there are currently 56 issues Open on TTML2 - see [3] for the current list.


Agenda+ Change Proposals – progress and review

Change Proposal Index is at [4].

Our current priority 1 CPs are:
1       PENDING CLOSE   1       Jerry Smith     TTML2   Amendments to the set attribute<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001>
5       OPEN    1       Jerry Smith     TTML2   HTML5 Mapping semantics<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
12      PENDING CLOSE   1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Profile fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal012>
15      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.CSS additions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
16      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Conditional<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal016>
17      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Defaults<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
19      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Syntax fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
24      PENDING CLOSE   1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   XML fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal024>
25      OPEN    1       Nigel Megitt    TTML2   Distribution<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>

Does any of the work discussed in this meeting result in a change of status to any CPs, e.g. To CLOSED-IMPLEMENTED?

Agenda+ AOB


References

[1] Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC) wiki page http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/tpac2014

[2] IMSC 1 comments tracker: http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/34314/WD-ttml-imsc1-20140930/

[3] List of Open, Raised and Pending Review Issues on TTML2: https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4

[4] Change Proposals at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex

Tracker http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/trackerTTML

Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText


Received on Wednesday, 8 October 2014 16:25:55 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:18 UTC