Re: [ttml2] embedded content, background image styling, other edits

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 8:55 AM, John Birch <John.Birch@screensystems.tv>
wrote:

>  Hmm…
>

> Re: I don't wish to break the very common understanding that resources
> and files are 1:1. If you want to divide a file into multiple files that
> are related to one another, then you need to use something else to link
> them together.
>

> I’m not seeking to **split** a file, which is what chunking is intended
> for (e.g. to facilitate streaming), instead I am seeking to accurately
> ‘model’ an existing real world multi-file resource… i.e. take multiple
> files and represent them as a single resource.

I don't really care much about files. TTML doesn't care about files, but
does care about resources. Audio resources, image resources, and font
resources to be exact. Adding support for generic "data resources" is
intended to support the general requirement to embed arbitrary content
beyond what is used by TTML. If your application wants to group together
multiple TTML data resources to represent some larger application
resource/file, then you can always use ttm:item with multiple data elements
to link them together in a way the application understands. But TTML
doesn't need anything here because it doesn't use data resources that are
not audio, image, or fonts.