Re: [ttml2] embedded content, background image styling, other edits

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 7:55 AM, John Birch <John.Birch@screensystems.tv>
wrote:

>  Understood…
>

> So by subsetted font you implicitly mean a font that is well formed in
> terms of its internal tables, not just a font that has been stripped of
> (unused) data to make it lightweight?

it is both: it must remain well formed, but glyphs and data for those
glyphs that aren't used by a document are removed; subsetted fonts are
commonly generated for embedding in PDF files these days by document
processing tools, but also have wide applicability on the web platform in
general; see http://www.subsetter.com/ for a tool that does subsetting of
web (woff) fonts;