Re: [ttml2] embedded content, background image styling, other edits

If EBU-TT does nothing to modify TTML semantics in a non-backward
compatible manner, then I would guess it is already a subset in the sense
that TTML ignores all elements and attributes in foreign namespaces.
However, I suspect you have something else in mind, i.e., semantic subset
(including new EBU semantics expressed by EBU vocabulary).

It is my goal to support the newly added semantics of EBU-TT vocabulary. So
you would require some transformation processing to express a full EBU-TT
document as a pure TTML2 document (syntactically and semantically).