W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > November 2014

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 20/11/2014

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 17:21:05 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D09281FE.16710%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Please check <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140619T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140710T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140717T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140724T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140731T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140807T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140815T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140814T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140821T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140904T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140911T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140925T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141002T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141009T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141016T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141023T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141106T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141113T10&p1=43> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141120T10&p1=43


Thursdays 10:03am-11:00pm Boston local

Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to :http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc


Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: [to assign during meeting]

Regrets:

Activity since last meeting:
Actions: Action-349, Action-350;
Issues discussed: Issue-273 font face;
Issues raised: Issue-354 letter spacing, Issue-355 marquee, Issue-356 text emphasis, Issue-357 horizontal in vertical, ;
Communication re ARIB-TT;
IMSC 1 review comments feedback;
TTML Document merging survey feedback;
Discussion of IMSC 1 in ITU-R Working Group 6B (not strictly our activity!).


Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest:
1. IMSC 1 review comments
2. Action Items
3. Issues
4. TTML Versions note
5. TTML Document merging
6. Change proposals
7. AOB – please notify now!

Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

Week commencing 3rd November: publish TTML2 FPWD <— this has not happened!
November 20th: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hours

This month:

Thursday 20th November: all actions and issues on TTML2 due by the next WD to be implemented; all others deferred to CR or v.next
November 27th: TTWG phone meeting: 1 Hours

Further ahead:

Thursday 4th December: TTWG phone meeting: ? hours
Thursday 11th December: TTWG phone meeting: ? hours
Tuesday 16th December: publish 'Last Call' style WD of TTML2 for wide review with 6 week review period (to allow for holiday season and time to get liaison messages out notifying of the need for review).
Thursday 18th December: TTWG phone meeting: ? hours
Friday 19th December: internal and external liaison messages sent out by Chair notifying of feature completeness and requesting review comments of TTML2.
Thursday 25th December: no meeting
Thursday 1st January: no meeting
Tuesday 17th January: TTML2 WD wide review period ends


Agenda+ IMSC 1 review comments

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-348<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/348>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/348/edit>     pending review  Thank dvb for input re lc-2983<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/348>    Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2014-11-13
ACTION-350<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/350>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/350/edit>     pending review  Set the status of the imsc 1 review comments<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/350>      Nigel Megitt    2014-11-20      TTML IMSC 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/7>



The status was completed and the review feedback sent to the commenters with a request to respond by Nov 20. The current disposition of comments is at [1].
The revised editor's draft of IMSC 1 is at [2].
At the time of writing this there are 10 comments where the Commenter has replied with approval, and 6 where the commenter has not yet replied.

Related Actions:
ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date

ACTION-333<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/333>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/333/edit>     open    Create a one pager to cover the plan for the director's meeting for taking imsc1 to cr.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/333>   Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2014-10-27

Agenda+ Action items

There are 3 (other) overdue actions.
ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-332<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/332>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/332/edit>     open    Add schema support for ISD vocabulary<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/332>     Glenn Adams     2014-10-27      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-343<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/343>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/343/edit>     open    Update point (1) of section 3.1 in ttml2 to refer to a new annex that defines new processorprofiles mime type parameter<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/343>   Glenn Adams     2014-11-03
ACTION-347<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/347>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/347/edit>     open    Check if timecontainer explicitly has no semantics with timebase smpte, markermode discontinuous<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/347>  Glenn Adams     2014-11-04


Agenda+ Issues

There are 5 recently discussed issues listed in the system.
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-273<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/273>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/273/edit>
fontFamily-URI  OPEN    Map fontFamily to external font file resources<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/273>     2013-08-15      TTML2   0
ISSUE-354<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/354>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/354/edit>
letter spacing  RAISED  Add support for letter spacing style semantics<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/354>     2014-11-17      TTML2   0
ISSUE-355<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/355>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/355/edit>
marquee RAISED  Add support for marquee style semantics<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/355>    2014-11-17      TTML2   0
ISSUE-356<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/356>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/356/edit>
text emphasis   RAISED  Add support for text emphasis semantics<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/356>    2014-11-18      TTML2   0
ISSUE-357<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/357>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/357/edit>
horizontal in vertical  RAISED  Add support for horizontal in vertical (tate-chu-yoko).<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/357>    2014-11-18      TTML2   0




There is 1 pending review issue listed in the system.

ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-305<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305/edit>
Profile short names     PENDING REVIEW  Registry of TTML profiles and short names<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>  2014-05-01              0
Since there are no open actions on this issue, we have responded to MPEG and we now have more fine-grained issues (Issue-351, Issue-352 and Issue-353) I propose that we close Issue-305.

Agenda+ Note on TTML versions

Draft at [3].
Reminder to all to review this and provide feedback to Cyril. This note is now a product in the tracker so issues can be raised on it directly.

Agenda+ TTML Document Merging

Survey response indicates lack of consensus for including document combination rules and algorithm within TTML2, however other options are available. If you haven't yet responded please do. Survey request at [4].

This is also Change Proposal 25. We should consider removing CP25 from the Priority 1 group.

Agenda+ Getting to FPWD for TTML2 (was: Change Proposals – progress and review)

Our goal previously was to publish the FPWD of TTML2 in week commencing Nov 3. What are the minimal actions needed to have a publishable version? Our P1 CPs are those that we said needed to be implemented by FPWD - should we reprioritize now?

Change Proposal Index is at [5].

Our current priority 1 CPs are:

5       OPEN    1       Jerry Smith     TTML2   HTML5 Mapping semantics<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
15      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.CSS additions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
16      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Conditional<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal016>
17      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Defaults<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
19      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Syntax fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
25      OPEN    1       Nigel Megitt    TTML2   Distribution<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>

Agenda+ AOB


References

[1] IMSC 1 review comments https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/34314/WD-ttml-imsc1-20140930/doc/

[2] IMSC 1 ED incorporating edits for review comments https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/dc202b8b3ee8/ttml-ww-profiles/ttml-ww-profiles.html

[3] Draft of Note on TTML versions https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/5ee90ec0d897/ttml-status/index.html

[4] Document merging survey http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Nov/0018.html

[5] Change Proposals at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex

Tracker http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/trackerTTML

Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText


Received on Wednesday, 19 November 2014 17:33:10 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:19 UTC