Re: ARIB-TT

Yoshiharu-san,

Thanks for your email explaining the ARIB-TT extensions, which I understand
are based on supporting features in legacy Videotron Lambda and other (?)
formats.

As we move forward with TTML2, it would be useful to obtain further input
on, for example, whether new TTML2 features could interoperate (at least at
the semantic, if not syntactic level) with the ARIB-TT features. For
example, we have already drafted specification text for supporting:

   - border [1]
   - continuous animation [2]
   - ruby (ルビ) [3][4][5][6]
   - tate chu yoko (縦中横) [7]

We are also planning to support author supplied fonts (i.e., font-face),
text shadow (in addition to the current text outline support), and have
requests on file to support audio. Thus far, however, we don't have
proposals to support letter spacing or marquee functions. It would be
useful to learn if ARIB would wish to have TTML2 support these latter two
functions (letter spacing and marquee) as well.

Regards,
Glenn Adams

[1]
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml2/spec/ttml2.html#style-attribute-border