W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > November 2014

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 6/11/2014

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 17:11:12 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D0800AAA.1582F%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Please check <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140619T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140710T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140717T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140724T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140731T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140807T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140815T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140814T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140821T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140904T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140911T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140925T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141002T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141009T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141016T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141023T10&p1=43> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141106T10&p1=43


Thursdays 10:03am-11:00pm Boston local

Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to :http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc


Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: [to assign during meeting]

Regrets:  Andreas Tai, Glenn Adams

The absence of Glenn may mean that there are
Activity since last meeting:
Actions: Action-341, Action-342;
Issues discussed: none;
Issues raised: none;
IMSC1 review comments added;
FPWD publication request for WebVTT;
MPEG liaison received.


Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest:
1. IMSC 1 review comments
2. MPEG liaison
3. Action Items
4. Issues
5. Change proposals - can we close any? Which ones to work on next?
6. AOB – please notify now!

Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

Week commencing 3rd November: publish TTML2 FPWD
November 6th: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hours

This month:

November 13th: TTWG phone meeting: ? Hours
November 20th: TTWG phone meeting: ? hours
Thursday 20th November: all actions and issues on TTML2 due by the next WD to be implemented; all others deferred to CR or v.next
November 27th: TTWG phone meeting: ? Hours

Further ahead:

Tuesday 16th December: publish 'Last Call' style WD for wide review with 6 week review period (to allow for holiday season and time to get liaison messages out notifying of the need for review).
Friday 19th December: internal and external liaison messages sent out by Chair notifying of feature completeness and requesting review comments of TTML2.
Tuesday 17th January: TTML2 WD wide review period ends



Agenda+ IMSC 1 review comments

There are 11 open review comments at [1].

Agenda+ MPEG Liaison

Liaison at [2].

Agenda+ Action items

There are 2 pending review actions.
ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-341<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/341>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/341/edit>     pending review  Check with the mpeg folk if a wg note would be acceptable.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/341>        Nigel Megitt    2014-10-30
ACTION-342<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/342>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/342/edit>     pending review  Add change proposals to the tpac agenda for tuesday<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/342>       Nigel Megitt    2014-10-30

There are 5 overdue actions.
ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-332<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/332>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/332/edit>     open    Add schema support for ISD vocabulary<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/332>     Glenn Adams     2014-10-27      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-333<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/333>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/333/edit>     open    Create a one pager to cover the plan for the director's meeting for taking imsc1 to cr.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/333>   Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2014-10-27
ACTION-343<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/343>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/343/edit>     open    Update point (1) of section 3.1 in ttml2 to refer to a new annex that defines new processorprofiles mime type parameter<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/343>   Glenn Adams     2014-11-03
ACTION-344<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/344>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/344/edit>     open    Draft a wg note explaining the differences and relationships between the various versions of ttml<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/344> Cyril Concolato 2014-11-03
ACTION-347<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/347>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/347/edit>     open    Check if timecontainer explicitly has no semantics with timebase smpte, markermode discontinuous<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/347>  Glenn Adams     2014-11-04


Agenda+ Issues raised and Pending Review

These issues were all raised following our discussion of MIME type and "codecs" (sic) parameter, as placeholders for changes needed to TTML2 to support the short codes processorProfiles external parameter.
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-351<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/351>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/351/edit>
Update IANA registration for TTML2      RAISED  Update IANA registration for TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/351> 2014-10-17      TTML2   0
ISSUE-352<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/352>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/352/edit>
Add Media Registration Annex    RAISED  Add Media Registration Annex<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/352>       2014-10-17      TTML2   0
ISSUE-353<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/353>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/353/edit>
Normatively define short code processorProfiles parameter       RAISED  Normatively define short code processorProfiles parameter<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/353>  2014-10-17      TTML2   0



Pending Review Issues
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-305<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305/edit>
Profile short names     PENDING REVIEW  Registry of TTML profiles and short names<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>  2014-05-01              0
ISSUE-335<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/335>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/335/edit>
Negative times for offsets      PENDING REVIEW  In order to handle offsets between start time in TTML docs and start time in video, allow negative times to be used in fragment begin times.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/335>       2014-08-14      TTML2   0


Right now there are 54 issues Open on TTML2 - see [3] for the current list.


Agenda+ Change Proposals – progress and review

Change Proposal Index is at [4].

Our current priority 1 CPs are:

5       OPEN    1       Jerry Smith     TTML2   HTML5 Mapping semantics<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
15      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.CSS additions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
16      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Conditional<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal016>
17      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Defaults<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
19      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Syntax fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
25      OPEN    1       Nigel Megitt    TTML2   Distribution<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>

Does any of the work discussed in this meeting result in a change of status to any CPs, e.g. To CLOSED-IMPLEMENTED?

Agenda+ AOB


References

[1] IMSC 1 Open review comments http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/34314/WD-ttml-imsc1-20140930/?status=open&

[2] MPEG liaison received https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2014Nov/0001.html

[3] List of Open, Raised and Pending Review Issues on TTML2: https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4

[4] Change Proposals at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex

Tracker http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/trackerTTML

Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText


Received on Wednesday, 5 November 2014 17:11:43 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:19 UTC