RE: Draft TTML Codecs Registry

I believe the problem statement is to replace the potentially unwieldy long strings in the namespace & schema_location fields defined in 14496-12 and 14496-30 with a more compact string suitable for the DASH manifest codecs field.

>From 14496-12, AMD2:

namespace is a null-terminated field consisting of a space-separated list, in UTF-8 characters, of

one or more XML namespaces to which the sample documents conform. When used for metadata,

this is needed for identifying its type, e.g. gBSD or AQoS [MPEG-21-7] and for decoding using XML

aware encoding mechanisms such as BiM.

schema_location is an optional null-terminated field consisting of a space-separated list, in UTF-

8 characters, of zero or more URL’s for XML schema(s) to which the sample document conforms. If

there is one namespace and one schema, then this field shall be the URL of the one schema. If there

is more than one namespace, then the syntax of this field shall adhere to that for xsi:schemaLocation

attribute as defined by [XML]. When used for metadata, this is needed for decoding of the timed

metadata by XML aware encoding mechanisms such as BiM.

I’m warming up to the idea of requiring TTML content profiles be created for the combinations.

                Mike