Re: Liaison response - template on MIME type parameter for TimedText

Hi Mike,

Le 05/05/2014 15:58, Michael Dolan a écrit :
> Cyril-
>
> No one (I don't think) is opposed to addressing the issue.  And, I think W3C
> has accepted the ownership of its parts of it. The questions are about the
> technical details.
>
> There already is a registered media type - "application/ttml-xml".  So,  one
> of my questions was essentially why not build on that?  Dave seems to prefer
> building on the MP4 4C code and I'm still studying the two approaches.
I'm still seeing discussion on "stpp.XXXX" which is an MPEG business.
I'd like to see discussions on:
Once this is done, MPEG can decide to adopt it and say the content of
the "profiles" parameter is used to build the codecs parameter for that
track as follows: "stpp.ttml.<profiles>"
Only Dave indicated that it was a good idea. What do other people think?

> As you know, the namespaces and schemaLocations are already signaling at the
> MP4 layer. They can be extracted into a codecs string, but there are
> apparently objections to the resulting length of the string.  I thought that
> was the only real issue being addressed, no?
In some of the MP4 files I've seen, the schema location uses "C:/" so
I'm not sure this is the right approach ...

Cyril

> Regards,
>
> 	Mike

>>> stpp.ttml.tt1f