Re: ISSUE-303 (<a> link element): Permit HTML-style <a> elements to contain href links [TTML2]

Because TTML is an XML Format you may consider XLink [1] for this purpose.

Best regards,

Andreas

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xlink11/

Am 21.03.2014 16:23, schrieb Glenn Adams:
> We had a rule for TTML1: no references to external resources. We will
> remove that rule for TTML2 for images and fonts, and perhaps now
> anchor/links as well.
>

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 8:24 AM, Timed Text Working Group Issue
> Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org <mailto:sysbot+tracker@w3.org>> wrote:
>
>     ISSUE-303 (<a> link element): Permit HTML-style <a> elements to
>     contain href links [TTML2]
>
>     http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/303
>
>     Raised by: Nigel Megitt
>     On product: TTML2
>
>     Permit <a> elements with href and target attributes only, around
>     content elements or text.
>
>     This appears to be the minimal useful set of attributes around a
>     link that may appear in a timed context.
>
>     The purpose of the target is to permit the linked content to be
>     loaded into an alternate context: one possible use case for this
>     is to allow the linked content to be loaded into a different
>     window or iframe without interrupting the flow of captions
>     displayed against a video that's being watched.
>
>     More concretely, this could be used for example for 'go here for
>     more information' links or 'go here to vote for candidate X'
>     links. A third example could be 'go here for these subtitles in
>     language [xyz]'.
>
>     I don't know if this has been raised before, but it seems so
>     obvious that I'm surprised I couldn't find an issue for it - happy
>     to be told where to look for it if this is a duplicate. Apologies
>     if I'm opening a can of worms that everybody would rather stay
>     closed...

Andreas Tai
Production Systems Television IRT - Institut fuer Rundfunktechnik GmbH
R&D Institute of ARD, ZDF, DRadio, ORF and SRG/SSR
Floriansmuehlstrasse 60, D-80939 Munich, Germany

Phone: +49 89 32399-389 | Fax: +49 89 32399-200
http: www.irt.de | Email: tai@irt.de

registration court&  managing director:
Munich Commercial, RegNo. B 5191
Dr. Klaus Illgner-Fehns